Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished Chevron Baby Blanket

I finally finished this little girl baby blanket. It took me a lot of time because it's all done in SC in the back loops only in order to create the ridges. The close up photo shows the true colors.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Finished Chevron Baby Blanket-photo-2-jpg Finished Chevron Baby Blanket-photo-1-jpg 

2. Likes LI Roe, Lili, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't do a chevron to save my life. Just can't get the points to line up. Your blanket is beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that is absolutely gorgeous, just love the colors, so spring like and girly!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley,

I'm making angel baby clothes right now and saw the cutest dress....in chevron. Any pointers on how to get it so straight and pointy. Despite counting my center of my chevron just isn't straightFinished Chevron Baby Blanket-img_20150112_080338-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie, to get the points you put 3 stitches at the top of the point - only in one stitch from the row below. Also, your points will be much sharper if you use SC instead of DC.

You don't put 2 stitches in each of the 2 stitches from the row below. Doing it that way spreads the point out and makes it a wavy ripple.

I don't try to modify ripple patterns. Here's the chevron pattern I used.

MIRACLES HAPPEN - miracleshappen.us

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    your blanket is very pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks you maybe I had more of a wave pattern. I will try yours

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pixieglitter;159555]Hi Debbie, to get the points you put 3 stitches at the top of the point - only in one stitch from the row below. Also, your points will be much sharper if you use SC instead of DC.

You don't put 2 stitches in each of the 2 stitches from the row below. Doing it that way spreads the point out and makes it a wavy ripple.

I don't try to modify ripple patterns. Here's the chevron pattern I used.

[url=http://www.miracleshappen.us/patterns/CrochetRippleBabyBlanket/]MIRACLES HAPPEN - miracleshappen.us[/url]

Shelley[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the website. There is an organization by me that helps mommies to be and those are easy but cute patterns I can use. And I don't modify ripples either, only when there is a multiple that I can choose my own size.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the color scheme, very pretty blanket,