Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Great Idea for a Nursing Shawl or Scarf

Make a triangle shawl in a smaller size, or even a wider scarf with a big button to be used as a "nursing" shawl or scarf.

Shelley

2. Likes Susan2014, Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Id like that, I Love buttons. no one to get them from so go on E-Bay.??

"Happy Valentines Day" Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, buttons especially BIG buttons are so expensive! A few years ago, I bought a ton of them on eBay. I've got them all stored in an old cookie tin. Some are brand new and others are very old. I have all kinds of buttons. I'm always looking for ways to use them up.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pixieglitter;159408]Susan, buttons especially BIG buttons are so expensive! A few years ago, I bought a ton of them on eBay. I've got them all stored in an old cookie tin. Some are brand new and others are very old. I have all kinds of buttons. I'm always looking for ways to use them up.

Shelley[/QUOTE]

Did you see this site? I know it is in Italian but if you keep scrolling down, you will find the English instructions.

[url=http://www.craftandfun.com/2014/09/riciclo-creativo-bottoni-idee-decorazioni-uncinetto.html#more/]Riciclo Creativo - Craft and Fun: Riciclo Creativo Bottoni - Decorazioni con l'Uncinetto[/url]

Roe

6. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Did you see this site? I know it is in Italian but if you keep scrolling down, you will find the English instructions.

Riciclo Creativo - Craft and Fun: Riciclo Creativo Bottoni - Decorazioni con l'Uncinetto

Roe
    Oh my gosh, Roe, those flower buttons are absolutely adorable! They would make the cutest spring wreath for my front door. Thanks for taking me to the site. I bookmarked it.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pixieglitter;159429]Oh my gosh, Roe, those flower buttons are absolutely adorable! They would make the cutest spring wreath for my front door. Thanks for taking me to the site. I bookmarked it.

Shelley[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. The pic was sent to me and I managed to find the instructions in English, LOL. I have tons of buttons also, some were given to me, some I pull off old clothing (not good enough to donate) before disposing of them, some I buy. It's amazing what you can do with buttons. Have fun.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post

Riciclo Creativo - Craft and Fun: Riciclo Creativo Bottoni - Decorazioni con l'Uncinetto

Roe
    FYI, someone did a video on this idea if you'd like to see it, not sure who right off but I'll see and post it. I need a big wooden button right now and they ARE expensive, too much so for the little things, everyone is doing crafting now so stores take advantage of that. I am glad to see the younger people joining in on hand crafting again tho, I saw a huge slump in all kinds of it in the 90's myself, you could hardly find any supplies to make anything, and when you did it was outrageously priced. I'm a 'lifer' on many kinds of hand crafting, lol!