Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help "uncurling" my ends!

Restarting my crochet "habit" after a year's absence. Started with a scarf = single and double crochet stitches - The ends roll up. I thought I was stitching too tightly and changed to a larger needle...no change. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyCrafter View Post
    Restarting my crochet "habit" after a year's absence. Started with a scarf = single and double crochet stitches - The ends roll up. I thought I was stitching too tightly and changed to a larger needle...no change. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help!
    Hi KCrafter! Did your scarf roll up only after a few rows were finished, or when you were done?
    Usually when you're in the first few rows a project will naturally curl, but once you get a few more rows done it will naturally stop.

If it curls after you're done, you need to block it, which involves spraying or completely wetting the item, then pinning it down to 'set' it and hold the stitches in place permanently. There are directions online about how to do that depending on the type of yarn you used.
    Red Heart Super Saver is made to set stitches into place simply by washing the piece in the machine, and machine drying it after. That's the only yarn that I personally know of that does like that.

I hope that answers your question! If not, please let me know