Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Toilet Problems - Need Assistance asap

Well, I probably shouldn't have said that on my thread, and I do not need a plumber. I'm just trying to maintain a sense of humor throughout the days living with chronic pain, and I've been feeling so bad lately that my thoughts might be running wild, but I might as well try to crochet since I'm going to feel bad anyway... maybe my sense of humor is a little warped??! I hope not, I am really having a toilet lid cover PATTERN problem and I am stuck. A plunger won't help me right now!

I've gotten thru Round 4 with no problems at all, it's a very nice pattern, and very easy up to this point. Then Round 5 made me hit a brick wall! I've never read or seen anything like this before. I'm leaving the WIP sitting on a shelf here until someone can help me, and I thought I'd start here with you all. I just can't figure it out, and if this turns out easy, I"ll be surprised and mad at myself, lOL!

This is the last thing I'm doing to finish my bathroom remodel. Remember I just did the curtain for this bathroom that I posted in here that turned out so pretty? I'm doing this lid cover in white to match the white part of my curtain. You'll have to go to the pattern thru the link to see the picture of the cover. Would someone be willing to please look at this pattern (see link below) and help me with the part below the link:

Elongated Shell Toilet Seat Cover

Here is the part of Round 5 that I don't get:

*sc around the sps of rnds 2, 3 and 4, ch 7,**

I know it's hard to look at someone's pattern when you've not been looking at it for a few hours already like I did, but I hope yall can help because I am confused! I don't get how to connect these 3 rounds and in what order.

I'll check later for ideas to hopefully finish my cover and be done with my pretty new bathroom! Thank you very much if you're willing to look at it for me!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-10-2015 at 12:31 AM.

2. Likes Susan2014, Grandielo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, you will be single crocheting over the chains on the previous rows (ch 1, ch 3, ch 5) in order to create the 3 loops/spaces between the star points. It will be ch 7, sc over the 3 loops, ch 7 again and continue. The instructions are a little confusing. I hope this answers your question.

4. Likes Brokendove liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Susan I knew I could depend on you for my cold, snifflrs dont feel like Smiling, I did when I came upond your Thread hahaha Thats with you not at U. Its a lovely cover. My 2 men said NO Way well guess what I have the yarn Im doing it in a Dark Blue (Navy). Good luck as it looks interesting & Pretty. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, I just printed the pattern in it's entirety and am going to make this. I have a toilet lid like this and love the pattern. I also printed your post so I can see when I get to that point what is going on with the pattern. If I have the same problem, then maybe it's not you, but the pattern. I don't know how else to help you. Maybe I can and maybe not, we will see. Patty

7. Likes Brokendove liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Thank You Susan I knew I could depend on you for my cold, snifflrs dont feel like Smiling, I did when I came upond your Thread hahaha Thats with you not at U. Its a lovely cover. My 2 men said NO Way well guess what I have the yarn Im doing it in a Dark Blue (Navy). Good luck as it looks interesting & Pretty. Susan2014
    I'm glad I could help make your sniffles better!! This first cover is for my bathroom and then I'm doing one for our main bath which is also my husband's. I don't see how this cover could bother a man with the lid because it's nice and flat, not fluffy. I hope you can make it work, I read what sapphire said and am trying to work with it now. It only took a few minutes to do the 1st 4 rounds, and they say the skill level is EASY, well, may very well be but this is one of those patterns that is hard to describe the actions for it!

I learned crochet from videos by myself, like a lot of other people did, but it would have been really nice to have had someone actually show me how. I am now learning all of the technical aspects of crochet that I missed while learning, and I get my knowledge from the more advanced an experienced, from their step by step pics and videos! Mama didn't raise no fool here, lol!

Read the notes to sapphire43 if you have problems with connecting the ch spcs from previous rounds, as I'd found where the designer put a link for a tutorial on there for people who've not done it and might need assistance with it on round 5.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-09-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi Susan, I just printed the pattern in it's entirety and am going to make this. I have a toilet lid like this and love the pattern. I also printed your post so I can see when I get to that point what is going on with the pattern. If I have the same problem, then maybe it's not you, but the pattern. I don't know how else to help you. Maybe I can and maybe not, we will see. Patty
    I'm glad others are doing this pattern, I understand the idea behind it but am trying to make it look like the pattern picture. Let me know how yours goes too!

Patty, read my notes to sapphire43 if you need to for round 5, I found that the designer has info on that part of the pattern is a separate link with pics to show the connection to the previous rounds if you've never done that, as I had not. Good luck!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-09-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Susan, you will be single crocheting over the chains on the previous rows (ch 1, ch 3, ch 5) in order to create the 3 loops/spaces between the star points. It will be ch 7, sc over the 3 loops, ch 7 again and continue. The instructions are a little confusing. I hope this answers your question.
    Hello sapphire 43, thank you too for also looking at the pattern, I think I know what you're saying here, at least I got the idea behind needing to connect by sc into the row 2, 3 and 4 ch spcs, but there was still a blind spot in it for me... I've been working all day on things that are not nearly as much fun as crochet,and I have a dr's appt tomorrow - do people not know that we'd rather all just be crocheting?!
    I put notes in other posts to you about this pattern!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-09-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    AHHHH... I could scream with joy at what I just found! What a day it's been, my brain scattered around in 3-4 places today.... I come back to my crochet after taking all day long to cut peppers and onions and cooking a pot of my world famous but a lot of work chili beans, so we could have supper and freeze the remaining for another time, fun fun fun, and I had meanwhile put aside my toilet lid pattern until my plea for help was received and was working on another piece, that was also giving me some problems getting stitches counted at 1st to get it started...
    so I'm sitting here trying both methods that I think might work, flipping my piece around on the table, thinking, looking, figuring on the fact of how am I going to finish this piece even if I have to modify the pattern...
    and I notice the other size of toilet lid cover pattern at the bottom of the page, so I click on it (it's not elongated), and to my surprise and happiness I see that the designer says she knew people would have trouble where I did connecting the 3 rounds of loops together - and look what she posted for us at the bottom of the page on both shaped lid patterns:

How to Crochet Around Loops | CrochetN'Crafts

She tells us that this is really not as hard as it seems and she gives pics and an explanation on how we're to connect ALL the loops from previous rows with sc at the SAME TIME! Then Ch 7 before and after doing that... YES!
    I honestly hadn't yet thought to join them all together. So it is an easy level pattern when you don't get it and you start looking around on the page for help! In after thought it might seem easy to the reader that you would connect the loops that way, but during the round that has this, not so!

BTW, she also mentions on the smaller lid pattern that row 7 had had some errors on it but that it had been corrected, and I don't know if that affects both toilet shape patterns or not, just thought I'd mention that, in case.

One stitch at a time....
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-10-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief - when you said to sc over the 3 loops, it still didn't click to me that it meant to connect them ALL AT THE SAME TIME, lol, and so therefore I agree that the instructions WERE confusing just because those words were left out! Do you agree?! She should have just said 'at the same time', then I would have known. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think about that. It just goes to show how hard words are to describe things sometimes, I would have gotten it had I seen it being done tho.. good thing I learned from watching videos!! Thank you so much sapphire, you got it right but I still didn't get it until it sort of 'dawned' on me!

Guess what?! I talked to the designer by chance today on google+. I meet and talk to so many people on there, and we talked for a minute, that was pretty cool, sometimes you get lucky like that and sometimes you can't find the person, but more than not I can reach a person. Clare in Australia will get back with anyone who contacts her but it can take a week for her to get your message, she's that busy. Oh well, just telling you about meeting her!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-13-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Susan. You may have already figured out the toilet seat cover problem, but if not, here goes: for the part that you asked for help with, it means that you do the single crochet into the ch 1 space in round 2, but you are doing that sc around the ch 3 and the ch 5 of the previous rounds.