Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Newbie to the crochet world!

Hello I am very new to the crochet scene. Having grown up watching my grandmother and mother crochet large table runners or doily's to see the hard work undone in minutes because it did not sit as expected or wasn't what they thought it would be.

I have made myself a couple of large hook ponchos and to my surprise I sold one as a friend wanted one for her daughter, from their I have made myself a bolero jacket and then recently a shawl which was another friends unfinished project.

We took our caravan away last easter and I decided as I had my Mum and Dad along for the trip it was time to stretch my skills and try a dressing table runner for my 6year old daughter. It was a challenge but it looks great and she thinks its beautiful.

I am looking at returning to work in the next 4 weeks and found crochet is easier to pick up and do in lunch breaks than my knitting projects.

So here is for a whole new world of crafting skills.

Oh I forgot to mention that my Mother also teaches spinning, knitting and crochet another reason I think I dragged my feet for so long as I did not wish to be schooled by her (perfectionist in every sense of the word but her work is exquisite. Big shoes to try to live up to)

Happy crafting to all of you.
    Regards
    Maz

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maz and welcome to the group! I live in Alabama and I'm looking forward to getting to know you. You'll find a lot of wonderful people here, who are always ready to help when you need assistance.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    maz Welcome to CT Group. Sounds like you have your Moms Talent. Poncho, etc WOW Thats Great. Love to see some pics. If you need anything come to a form and ask away. Happy Sunday and coming week , see you around. Bye Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Maz and welcome. I look forward to seeing some of your work when you feel like sharing. If you ever need help there is some awesome crafters who can help you, all you need do is ask. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! We are glad you are here as a member!

Please make yourself at home and let us know if you need anything!

Looking forward to seeing some of your projects if you don't mind sharing with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    COLOR="#40E0D0"] I am looking forward to sharing with the community! [/COLOR]
    Last edited by Mazaimee; 02-09-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Very nice to have you with us. I am a avid crocheter for 40 years