Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Booth ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Booth ideas

Hi -- does anyone else sell crochet at craft fairs? What do you sell? How do you display?

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Search / Googling for ideas??
    Last edited by Susan2014; 02-08-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi katie I dont sell mine I Donate?? To old to do sells. I hope some one gives you some ideas. I will if I hear what others do , OK? Nice to meet you GOOD LUCK ! Susan2014 Go check out NEW Post on selling in CT, Barbara G just added it. You can sign up & etc. May have some ideas in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also donate -- there is a children's camp in TN that a church in my town (I'm from WI) helps out. Plus there is also Project Linus.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just set up a booth at our local Antique Mall. I will post if I make any sales. I crochet scarves, beanies, and Amigurumi items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katie,

I've never attempted a craft fair with crochet goods. Many years ago I sold 3 D plaques at various craft fairs. I was moderately successful, but it was too much of a strain on my husband who was working 40+ hours a week and responsible for breaking down the wood into plaques and laminating them. I was thinking of attempting a craft fair this coming holiday season with hand made goods. This way I have time to build up a stash of inventory without being rushed. I have a Christmas boot that I've made on and off for many years. I've only given it as a gift, but I've gotten wonderful feedback, so I'd like to sell them. Scarves, mittens are popular at the fairs I've been to lately, as well as hat. Small blankets,and baby goods are also popular.

I love crafts, especially crochet. I basically would like to make some $$ at a fair to support my "habit". That will defray the costs of donating shawls and lapghans to a local nursing home as well as buy the supplies for the gift blankets I give throughout the year.

Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply. I, too, love to crochet and do mostly Amigurumi animals. I made some scarves and beanies to sell since they seem to be popular. I prefer my animals and have made many as gifts for grandchildren. My husband and I set up my booth this morning and I felt a little sad leaving "my babies" at the Antique Mall. I spend a lot of time with my creations and have sold only three Animal football mascots to friends. I did not have any luck with posting on line through ETSY or my Facebook page so I am trying the local craft/antique mall. I will post any progress I make and I thank you for your comment.