Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces

This is my beautiful African flower pin cushion, nice and big on purpose, out of necessity! I literally threw this together in a couple of hours tops stuffed it with yarns scraps, and started using it the same night, lol!

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-afpc7goodmeholding-jpg

I've got a few pieces to have sets but got these done so far to be done with winter bey end of Feb, still want to make a couple of new things just because!

This is my Homespun shawl that looked green in the other pics I posted ,lol...made the headband out of Homespun too - SO soft, like being wrapped in slightly warm air

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-hshh5-jpg

This is my funky slightly curly on one side scarf and flat on the other (I want another of these but wider) headband with trim that feels GOOD on your skin. I sewed sequins on both pieces, I hate that now!!

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-bphs1-jpg

My neck collar and a headband with cream flowers and leaves to match. I actually moved the buttons last night to make it not look like a shirt collar!

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-nchdf2-jpg

My butterfly stitch hat with my long wrap scarf

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-bwsh1-jpg

I also have no idea where the extra 2 pictures are coming from!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-afpc2best1-jpg my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-nchdf2-jpg 
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-01-2015 at 01:10 AM.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes AudreyL, cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, your pieces are absolutely stunning! They are beautiful on you. What kind of yarn did you use on the shawl and matching headband, the one under the pin cushion? I would love it if you would share both of the patterns with me. You can pm me or I can give you my email address.
    xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    Your scarves, headbands and hat are very nice. You do a good job. You look nice and you have a real nice smile. That was a ingenious idea for a pin cushion. I have a pin cushion made out of a bottle cap. It probably has cotton in it w/ material around it and put in a bottle cover/cap w/ elastic on it to go on your finger. I also have a plastic canvas scissors cover to hold a pair of scissors and I put my needles on the back of it.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    All your projects are just beautiful and you look terrific modeling them also!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan You are so Happy looking in Photo's & they dont lie? All your items are Beautiful. my Fav. is silver HeadBand & shrug (is it?) Love the color. very nice work. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Susan You are so Happy looking in Photo's & they dont lie? All your items are Beautiful. my Fav. is silver HeadBand & shrug (is it?) Love the color. very nice work. Susan2014
    Oh yes, you're probably talking about my Lion Brand Homespun shawl and headband. I used 4 different partial skeins of
    color-changing Homespun on it and did various different stitches every so many rows. I've pictured a piece like that for a long time and finally was able to get the look I wanted. Thank you for saying such nice things about my projects, crochet thrills me to no end. I've not been so happy in a very long time! Practice make perfect, so maybe I'll be really good some day like so many of you who've crocheted for so many years. I just keep making everything I see, and my want-to-do list is always long. Love you ladies being so supportive!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-08-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Fey View Post
    Susan, your pieces are absolutely stunning! They are beautiful on you. What kind of yarn did you use on the shawl and matching headband, the one under the pin cushion? I would love it if you would share both of the patterns with me. You can pm me or I can give you my email address.
    xoxoxo Lynda

LYNDA: Thank you so much for your compliments on my piece! FYI so you can make one of these in your own way, I"ll tell you what I went through and learned with this piece... it's no secret at all what pattern I started with, but it was a week long trial and error to get what I wanted! I ended up using 4 partial skeins of different color-changing Homespun by Lion Brand, it just looks like a reflective silver on camera. Mostly it's my own pattern from a certain point on and not written down because the whole thing was an experiment, but the main pattern I started with is the Falling Water Shawl by Lion Brand calling for Homespun yarn, and believe me, that's the only yarn that will work right with it, or possibly some other similar chunky soft yarn, because otherwise the sides over the shoulder and around the front will not come over the shoulder like it should...

and I know this for a fact because I tried 2 different times with worsted weight and had to frog it both times and salvage my yarn, then went with Homespun and finally got this awesome piece. Look at the pics below of the ones I tried but didn't work out. But I learned so much on this project about what will work and what won't, I didn't mind going thru it really. I used worsted weight to begin with because I had such good colors picked out!

It's a much smaller shawl than it looks to be so that's why I decided to add all the different rows of different stitches. I just put a lot of various different stitches together on that original shawl to make it long enough. I did FPDC every so many rows and the treble row looked good, and there's some dc and dc clusters. The Homespun hurts your wrists and arms when you use it for hours on end tho, and I used an M hook. I wasn't able to make my shrug with it after this shawl due to the pain, and I was afraid it would cause me to not be able to crochet at all so I changed my mind about which yarn to use.

Here is the pattern on my blog, it's the link for the 3rd picture down (the last one). The link takes you to Candy's pattern on her site. There is a video tutorial in 2 parts and a Lion Brand written pattern. Good luck! you'll see when you are doing the repeat rows that the pattern calls for, the shawl is still way too short, especially with worsted weight. If you have any questions just ask!

Friday Flowers on Saturday! 9-10-15; I’m FEATURED on a fantastic crochet blog site!; Falling Water Shawl | Crochet By Susan's Soul Shines

Here are pics of the one I didn't get to work right either time I tried it. See how the shawl was curving downward instead of going across the back of the neck and shoulder area in a straight line using worsted? But Homespun did it perfectly the 1st try... go figure, maybe it was written that way on purpose by the yarn company, but that's perfectly ok!

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-sh1a-jpg

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-sh5a-jpg

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-sh6a-jpg

my new pin cushion and matching up my single pieces-sh8a-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-08-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much for the compliments. I've always winged a lot of my patterns from the beginning, but some patterns I have to follow to the "T". I've made so many various hand crafted things that I just have an eye for it, like I can see thru and around it, and I just take it and do it. Not too very long ago I felt do bad that I wouldn't get near a camera for years, because I felt oso bad and felt like I looked bad too. Crochet and being creative and productive , plus my medication that I cannot even function at all without do to pain, I feel like I got my life back that I was losing. My husband said I got the sparkle back into my eyes, and he always says I have beautiful eyes and lips, lol, but he loves me so much - as I do him. I am so very blessed by having him, he take such good care of me and makes sure I am comfortable when I hurt extra. We met July 10, 1992, and married Sept 4, 1992, and this year is 23 yrs married. We fell in love at 1st site! We both had sons the same age and daughters the same age (2 weeks apart) and all kids names start with a J! God brought us together , or timing was perfect I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, you are a beautiful model for all of your creations. They are just beautiful too!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us! Keep up the GREAT work! Your friend, Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    I too like the one under the pin cushion. The colors speak to me .. wow .. nice job!