Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about starting a local crochet group

I would like to start a crochet group in Bullhead City, AZ. . Have any other members either belong or heard ofa similar group?

I have not fully ironed out the details. . I vision a group that meet once a week and we could crochet for an hour or so, help others should there be a need, possibly make items to support a local church or charity, etc.

I would like to keep the group small enough so we could meet each others homes and have the host provide a desert and coffee or tea to enjoy while we crochet.

Comments or is there anyone reading this who lives nearby with interest in starting something like this?

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be so much fun. I would join but unfortunately I don't live nearby! It's a lovely idea, JohnGrey.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

4. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    JohnGrey, I wish you luck in starting your group. I think you have a great idea. Please let us know how this works out for you. I wish I could join but I live on the East side of the U.S. There is a group in my hometown, but unfortunately for me they meet during the day while I am at work. Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Long Island NY so a little far to commute, LOL!!! I do belong to a couple of groups, one is a prayer shawl ministry that meets at a local church monthly, the other is a hobby club that meets at a local town park (with a permit) twice a month and the gal who runs the prayer shawl also has a weekly group that meets at Panera Bread. Most of the projects done are for charitable causes. The average attendance ranges, usually about 18-20, depending on the weather and what they have going on themselves. Each group meets during the day but because there are that many who may be there at any given meeting, it is hard to hold it at anyone's house. Hobby always has coffee, tea and people alternate bringing cakes or pies or cookies.

Hope it works out. I enjoy going to the meetings, working on projects, chatting and exchanging ideas. Good luck.

Roe