Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

the linen stitch

Here is the linen stitch I have been working on. I guess I will have to write out the instructions because I can't seem to get a picture of the page so that it will open. does anyone else out there have Mozilla Firefox as your browser? That is what I have and I can only scan the written page and then it comes up as a scan with a picture of Mozilla icon and I can open it but when I go to post it, it just posts the Mozilla icon so you can't see it to read it.

Here are my written instructions: for learning the stitch just ch 42 .....that will make a piece about 10 inches wide. I found that about 126 chains or so will make a piece about 30 inches wide. that is what I worked with.

row 1. SC in the 4th ch from the hook. *ch 1, sc in the next ch-1 sp* x 19 ch 2 and turn. (= 21 linen stitches. Remember the initial ch2 counts as one linen stitch)

row 2. Sc in the 1st ch-1 sp. *Ch 1, sc in the nextch-1 sp*x 19. Ch-2 and turn =21 linen sts

row3-4 Change color and repeat row 2. From here you repeat row 2 twice with another color, then change colors again for 2 more rows. Doing 2 rows of the same color each time makes the design much prettier than doing only one row of each color.

You can find the pattern on the website called: Look At What I Made - Crochet: If it can be made with these two hands... You will probably have to click on Patterns and Tutorials at the top of the page and scroll down to find the pattern.

I just decided how wide I wanted to make my project and then basically repeat over and over row 2 until i have the length for an afghan. I hope you all can understand what I wrote here. the linen stitch-dsc06817-jpg The white marker shows where I repeated the first group of rows and at the top(hard to see) is where I am beginning to use a neutral color for a few rows and then I will repeat the beginning rows again, reversing the order of colors.
    Last edited by redhead; 01-27-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I just saw this post (after I responded to yours about my Goodwill Score) and now I see the instructions for the Linen Stitch. Thanks for posting it and also the site where you found it. And I love the colors in your afghan, they look really good together.

Roe

3. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice Patty

5. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty. I have never tried that stitch