Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

do you think it's mis-named?

hi guys, having a problem with this, isn't a V stitch usually dc, ch 1, dc? and a cluster 2dc, ch 1, 2dc ? do you think she is calling it a V st when it's really a cluster?

there are 27 V sts in the 1st row, and row 2 is pretty straight forward until it says '14 V-Sts with 2dc between'. are the clusters what she's calling a v st?

Row 2: Ch 3, dc in next st, *(2dc, ch 1, 2dc) in next V-St, 2dc in next V-St, repeat from * across ending (2dc, ch 1, 2dc) in last V-St, dc in last 2 dc, turn. (14 V-Sts with 2dc between)

Row 3: Ch 3, dc in next dc, *(2dc, ch 1, 2dc) in next V-St, sk 2dc of V-St, dc in next 2 dc, repeat from * across, turn.

i guess what i'm asking is if i should work in the ch 1 space of the 'cluster' as if it's a V st?

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of times, stitches are called something else by different designers. It does sound like you would work the "cluster" in each ch 1 space. Do you have a link to the pattern?

Roe

3. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    A lot of times, stitches are called something else by different designers. It does sound like you would work the "cluster" in each ch 1 space. Do you have a link to the pattern?

Roe
    yes, it's here at Request Rejected . called 'Long Kimono Gown and Cap'.

never had that happen before...why would the 'request' be rejected??? when i click on 'Request Rejected', it took me right to the site.... sometimes it just gets so confusing.../

incase the link doesn't work for you, it's SLK Designs by Susan Kraus.
    Last edited by cheri54; 01-26-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It reads as if you're to put 2 dc instead of 1 in between the dc that make up the V-stitch. Have you tried that to see how it looks? and to see if you come up with the right number of stitches at the end of the row doing that? Some people cannot write patterns. I wrote a post on writing patterns on here a couple pf weeks ago and not one person made a comment! It's SO important, my last blog post did a section on it, I felt it was THAT important to go back over it again even tho we'd passed that part! It's really bad when people start messing with v-stitches, they should be left as basic so people always know what you mean in pattern. can you reach the person who write the pattern, thru a comment? I'd ask her, what exactly is she trying to achieve here?!! I know there are variations on almost every stitch, but with a v-stitch and a cluster in the same pattern, she's confusing them and meanwhile, confusing everyone who reads it, too!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-27-2015 at 06:54 AM.

6. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    well, i went ahead and did clusters in the clusters...) may not be what was intended, but it still looks nice and it all lines up, so i'm happy...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got to look at the pattern, have been out shoveling twice so far (and it isn't even the worst of the impending blizzard). From what I can see, it looks like you would do a cluster (2dc,ch1,2dc) in one v-stitch, then 2dc in the next v-stitch, then a cluster again and keep alternating till the end on row 2. Hope that helps and that you like what you have done so far.

Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 01-27-2015 at 05:07 AM.

9. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Just got to look at the pattern, have been out shoveling twice so far (and it isn't even the worst of the impending blizzard). From what I can see, it looks like you would do a cluster (2dc,ch1,2dc) in one v-stitch, then 2d in the next v-stitch, then a cluster again and keep alternating till the end on row 2. Hope that helps and that you like what you have done so far.

Roe
    i'm so jealous! you have snow!!! i love snow...we just got a scattering of the '1 to 3 inches' we were supposed to get...
    our dogs love playing in it.
    and i believe you are right about the clusters, sounds like i did it that way. and i added to the sleeves and left off the ruffle part as it's for a boy and i didn't want it to look too girly.
    i'm having a hard time finding patterns that are done in 1 piece that look like they are for boys. i absolutely can not do anything in pieces...i can never get them the same size. you should see what i can do with booties! none are the same size even though they are the same pattern...lol

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cheri54;157363]i'm so jealous! you have snow!!! i love snow...we just got a scattering of the '1 to 3 inches' we were supposed to get...
    our dogs love playing in it.
    and i believe you are right about the clusters, sounds like i did it that way. and i added to the sleeves and left off the ruffle part as it's for a boy and i didn't want it to look too girly.
    i'm having a hard time finding patterns that are done in 1 piece that look like they are for boys. i absolutely can not do anything in pieces...i can never get them the same size. you should see what i can do with booties! none are the same size even though they are the same pattern...lol[/QUOTE]

Okay, where do you want me to send the snow? We have plenty (and yet not as much as what the newscasters were predicting) and can certainly spare some of it. Will be going out a little later to start shoveling again and to try and start the snow blower, if not my neighbor will help.

I just did a google search for baby boy crochet patterns one piece and this is what came up. Maybe you can find something that you can use. For some reason, I don't make baby clothes but I really should. I donate to many places and they can use baby items like that.

[url]https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=baby+boy+crochet+patterns+one+piece[/url]

Roe

13. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post