Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Chrocheting for Charity

Hello, my name is Linda, I live in Kansas City and love to crochet. I am in my 70s so my friends and their children have all aged to the point that there is no need for baby items or any more afghans. So I started crocheting for charity. I make adult caps for a local cancer center. They really enjoy them and send lots of appreciative comments. I am always looking for different patterns to give them something different to wear when they want to go out without a wig. I really enjoy this work and hope this community will provide me with different ideas for caps that I do not currently have. I will post pictures of some of my caps at a later time.

Linda

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! It is nice to hear of your love to crochet hats for charity! There are many different threads here on the forums regarding hats for charity. Simply use the search box in the upper right hand corner of the page and search: cancer, hat, hats, charity, ect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to CT. This is a link (if you haven't already seen it) that may have some patterns you may like.

[url=http://www.headhuggers.org/]Head Huggers[/url]

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda: I crochet baby blankets and afghans for Project Linus. These are donated to hospitals, NICU's, boys homes, correction centers etc. In 2014 over 3000 quilts and afghans were donated by our local groups!