Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

have i made a mistake? again?

has anyone crocheted the 'Lemon Drops' jacket/sweater ? it's found on several sites, here is a link to one of them... http://www.free-crochet.com/detail.h...336&cat_id=477

i am having trouble with the front yoke. rows 28 through 31 are decreasing rows, and they draw up on the armhole side of the yoke and round off severely toward the edge of the yoke before starting to straighten out for the last few rows. (the jacket is made from the bottom up)
    i must have done something wrong, but can't find where. my stitch count is right (for once), they are easy single crochets, and i rechecked the dec sc stitches... i hate to continue only to have to take it apart later because of a mistake.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should be fine as long as you start the count at the armhole stich across and decease
    maybe this will help: x = sc (xx) = sc dec

start at the arm hole xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(xx)(xx) round 28 (22 sc) turn as indicated - you will end at inside collar
    (xx) (xx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx round 29 (20 sc) turn as indicated - you will end at arm hole
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (xx) (xx) round 30 (18 sc) turn as indicated - you will end at inside collar
    (xx) (xx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx round 31 (16 sc) turn as indicated - you will end at arm hole

Does this make sense? Your decreasing at the yoke side to form the curve the arm hole will remain straight. I've worked a number of patterns that call for this type of decrease. Took me a bit to figure it out but once you do a couple rows you'll see that it's a piece of cake. Hope I've helped.
    Last edited by kiti13; 01-26-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    Blessings,
    Kiti

3. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your help kiti, i'm sure this will work well. i just don't have the experience to work this out for myself. )