Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: January squares

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

January squares

Just to let you all know I mailed out my January squares. If anyone who has my name doesn't get your square from me let me know. They tried to charge me $2.32 for each envelope and I said no way... I know it will go for $1.19 and they still tried to charge me the large price and I said give them back to me and I will re-package them. She said it would still be the same price. The clerk who charges me the smaller price asked to see the envelopes and said they will go for $1.19. It feels so good to win once in a while!! I won for a difference of $5.65! It was worth it to me..... I have received the same size envelopes from some of you for less than a dollar each!!! So all of our post offices do not charge the same postage for the same size and weight. Do you think that's fair to us? Question your post office the next time you mail the small yellow envelopes out and they want to charge you extra. I told them it was just a crocheted square ... just yarn that could be replaced if lost in the mail. I never ask for tracer or insurance on these because they can be replaced so easily. That is why I want to know that you all get my packages. NOW! I feel better that I let off steam!!! Love, Patty

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes Barbara G., Lissacc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    When I mail squares I don't have to go to the post office. I have a package of brown envelopes, packing tape(or clear duck tape), and stamps. It takes 2 - 49 cent stamps. If you want to know how many stamps you have to put on the envelope then google - (post office). I see there's also an ad that says to skip the post office lines - buy and print US postage.
    Jean Marie

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    When I mailed my squares Tuesday, I had two 49 cent stamps on each of them and the lady said They needed more postage! I just let it go this time, but now I think I got ripped off! At home in Cincinnati, I have mailed them with just the two stamps, but we are in Florida right now and they charged more. Is that legal???
    Love, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!