Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

My Yarn Purchase Today!

I hope that this doesn't sound like I am bragging, but I must share with fellow crocheters the great deal that I got today on some beautiful yarn. A gal posted on Craig's List that she had "tons" of yarn to sell for $2.00/skein or $100.00 for the entire lot. I took a chance and purchased it all and got 41 full Red Heart 5 oz. Super Saver skeins in variegated colors, 47 full 7oz Super Saver skeins in solid colors and another 10 opened skeins that were all 3/4 of a skein or more! Most of them were multiples of each color and had solids to match the variegated ones. There wee also some specialty yarns included. I am in hog heaven!! It had been stored in a cedar chest, was clean, had some older variegated yarn in colors that I haven't seen for years, and came packed in a bunch of beautiful tote bags. What a wonderful way to start the new year. Someone surely shined down on me today and I am so grateful they did. Now I can hardly wait to start using some of it. Only down side to this deal--where will I store it all? HAHA Thanks for letting me crow a little.

2. Likes cheri54, DonnaB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not bragging at all...it's a blessing! I am so happy that you got such a deal on all that beautiful yarn. Enjoy yourself! What do you think you'll make first?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Sue, that is awesome!!!! Just think about all the money you saved and all the great things you can make!!! What a blessing for you today. Let us see some of your work please :-). Love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Congradulations Sweet Sue I wouldn't know where to store it either. I downsize from a fairly large house to a small apartment. It is taking a lot to get though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you got a great deal, I wouldn't have anyplace to store it either. I downsized from a house to a small apartment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! what a blessing you received! Happy hooking for a long time! XOXOXOXO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you got a pretty good deal when I saw 41 skeins and thought that was all, when I saw everything after that you got a wonderful deal. My hubby bought some of those vacuum storage bags you see the commercials for, took pictures of the yarn we were vacuum packing so we knew what was in there. Saved so much space, takes minutes to open and minutes to seal back up. So far no damage to the yarn.

9. Thanks Sweet Sue thanked for this post
    Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sweet Sue;156806]I hope that this doesn't sound like I am bragging, but I must share with fellow crocheters the great deal that I got today on some beautiful yarn. A gal posted on Craig's List that she had "tons" of yarn to sell for $2.00/skein or $100.00 for the entire lot. I took a chance and purchased it all and got 41 full Red Heart 5 oz. Super Saver skeins in variegated colors, 47 full 7oz Super Saver skeins in solid colors and another 10 opened skeins that were all 3/4 of a skein or more! Most of them were multiples of each color and had solids to match the variegated ones. There wee also some specialty yarns included. I am in hog heaven!! It had been stored in a cedar chest, was clean, had some older variegated yarn in colors that I haven't seen for years, and came packed in a bunch of beautiful tote bags. What a wonderful way to start the new year. Someone surely shined down on me today and I am so grateful they did. Now I can hardly wait to start using some of it. Only down side to this deal--where will I store it all? HAHA Thanks for letting me crow a little.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding?? We love (at least I do) to hear about great finds like that. I get excited when I find tons of yarn at my local Goodwill for nearly nothing too, a girl after my own heart!! So happy for you!!! Have fun with it.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the idea. I will have to check out those bags. I have seen the ads, but never thought of them for yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do fall craft shows, so the first ones that I will be using are some of the variegated yarns as edging on the round jar grippers, and some of the brighter colored solids for corkscrew hair ties.