Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

encouraging one another in the Lord

This thread is similar to the roll call thread. It is for anyone interested in reading the Bible-- sharing their thoughts-- and or memorizing scripture. Pick any one you might be interested in. I am trying to read through the bible and do some memorizing. I stop and start. I thought there might be others out there that like to share or need encouragement --like me.

All have their own point of view--or different insight that God has given them. I want this only to be encouraging and respectful. Prayer requests are welcome. I am hoping for fellowship--sharing-and encouragement and learning. So God Bless everyone and a big welcome to anyone --who would like to take this journey with me.

2. Likes silentcrocheter, Beadie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susie Ann, bless your heart you truly are on a new journey aren't you?? I guess you saw my prayer request for Ray he is very bad off right now. I've been waiting for some news but since it's 11:20 here and I didn't get much sleep last night I need to go to bed soon!! Rays struggles remind me off what I went through with my husband so today has been very emotional for me. The Lord blesses us in so many ways no matter what we are going through. We sure found out how many friends we had and what friends and family are willing to do for you when struggles come. Of course they also know we would do anything for them. Rays wife Candy had to have surgery a few years ago so I packed some things and went down there for a month to help her. I would do this for any of my family and friends. I know a lot of verses by heart but couldn't tell you where in the Bible the verse is but the Lord brings those verses back to me when He knows I need them!! So a new year a new journey sounds like a good plan to me. Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to quote scriptures from the Bible but after my stroke and can remember parts of scriptures but that is all. Can't remember where they are at. Haven't even found my Bible ,it is packed away somewhere..

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie- God Bless you for your giving heart. I will be praying--sorry I didn't see your pray request but glad I know now. Janice--it doesn't matter where it is in the bible --God's word is in your heart---He will bring it to mind what you need. God Bless you both--sisters-in -Christ.

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure you can find your Bible if you dont remember DONT try just calmingly check a Box, stress is thinking to much on 1 thing to long without finding answer. At least to me. Hope you find it. I go thru that, jot things down when important things are to be put so I remember (not Dementia...STRESS) Prayer for you my sweet friend

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Susue Ann Your an amazing kind lady & Friend. If I may ask about the Bible as after so many years my Religion has left my memory (74 young) I wont give up, Can you suggest a Bible I can get Easy for newbies. My loss of memory is Stress of Past life & I Need God more and he has helped. I admire you, Winnie, MeerKat & others who quote from Bible. TY if you can God Bless

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    This is such a wonderful idea. My memory has not been very good since getting sick back in 2008. I have trouble remembering things. I can read a scripture but I can never remember it word for word or the chapter or verse or book. I used to be able to do it with no problem. I am not giving up though. I read 2 different versions and am really trying to study it. I know one of these days I will be able to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    For just reading I like The Message Bible by Eugene H. Peterson--I get the large print. You can order it from Amazon. I was starting to memorize from the NIV but I think I am going to switch to the NEW KING JAMES. I memorized part of psalm 103 years ago(except about the last 8 or 10 verses) So I am starting with that. One lady says he memorizes chapters or books of the bible and doesn't memorize the verse number --I am reading her book. His Word in my Heart by Janet Pope --got that from Amazon too.

I was a little discouraged today when I was trying to memorize but no matter whose way I use--I just have to keep going. If I can't remember a lot --I still am getting God's word into my heart. And I am making God smile by trying. After my daughter died in 1995 --God showed me I was afraid of Him--I didn't let myself think that because I thought it was disrespect full to God. But He confronted me with it ---I had to work through this twice before my fear of Him was gone. I hope I don't have to do it a third time. I feel at peace about it now. Psalm 103 is a wonderful example of His love for us. But don't do what I do or anybody else does. Talk to God about it and do what works for you. That is always the best way. I am a starter and stopper --so please hold me accountable. The Lord Bless you and keep you. Let's pray for each other to keep God's Word in our hearts. Thank you.

11. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes MaryK, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking about you ladies and wanted to wish you a wonderful day and God Bless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susie Ann Ty so much and I will look today. As to try to memorize I was going to say my 2 Guys would care less to hear BUT Ihave me & the Lord so thats enough?? Ty and God Bless

Susan2014