Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: shawl

Post Thanks / Like

Talking shawl

hello have not been on in some time my health not doing much crochet but finally doing a shawl for my daughters birthday in February just doing in single and double crochet does any one have a suggestion on how i could finish the border usally can do in single but I have every other row in single would like to dress it up a little on the side and bottom thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    A lacy shell stitch border would be very nice. Please post a photo of it when you're done!

I'm so sorry your health hasn't been good. I'm sending out prayers of healing for you.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chergram View Post
    hello have not been on in some time my health not doing much crochet but finally doing a shawl for my daughters birthday in February just doing in single and double crochet does any one have a suggestion on how i could finish the border usally can do in single but I have every other row in single would like to dress it up a little on the side and bottom thanks
    I hope you start feeling better soon, bad health can mess up your life's plans - it sure has mine. I fight it daily, and crochet is my therapy and helps me focus on it instead of pain. It doesn't go away but I have something fun to do. For a quick shawl finish you can make about 5-7 chains, depending on the yarn you're using, and single crochet them to your base row, then maybe go back and do one row around and connect the chains to the middle of each if your first row of chains, giving you a nice open lacy look without a lot of fuss and detail. I've been looking and saving lots of edgings lately since I've been making a few shawls this winter. Or a nice picot every so many stitches is always easy but really pretty. Just a couple of suggestions for you - take care of yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    One I've done before is like a lazy shell where you chain 3,2 dc in the same stitch, skip 2 stitches and slip stitch or sc. It causes the shell to lay almost sideways and gives a scalloped look to the edge. And it's easy to do. I hope your health is improving every day.