Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I'm on a roll now!

OK, here is the latest thing I have been working on.... small snowflakes outlined in marooned to form a doily. It takes 7 snowflakes and I am not sure yet how to connect them without other yarn being seen. I could make a strand and hang them above my maroon drapes in the entrance-way. I have 28 of them ready to either make 4 doilies or a table runner or hang up as a strand. Help me decide if you want to.....I'm open to suggestions. My window is a double window. None of these have been connected together yet. If I go with the strand idea I will probably use a crocheted chain of maybe gold yarn like a real chain to hang them with. The pic with both of the snowflakes shows how the size can be changed with heavier yarn and bigger hook to make them. The outlined ones are made with yarn more like baby yarn and the white one is made with Red Heart Super saver which is thicker. Love ya , Patty

I feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06793-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06791-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06796-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06804-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06802-jpg
    Last edited by redhead; 01-18-2015 at 01:54 PM.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes billiebob, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty! I love your snowflakes, they're a perfect decoration for the winter!

Shelley

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    patty Snowflake fits U ! I love this and why not in pastel for Easter or Mothers Day?? maybe not aah ???? Love it

Susan2014

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the table runner idea. How about sewing them with matching thread? If sewn on the edge from the back it shouldn't show. Just a couple of stitches ought to do it. They are great no matter what you decide. I am a snow lover!❄️❄️❄️❄️

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    they are very pretty. I would hook them together at the points

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    OK, here is the latest thing I have been working on.... small snowflakes outlined in marooned to form a doily. It takes 7 snowflakes and I am not sure yet how to connect them without other yarn being seen. I could make a strand and hang them above my maroon drapes in the entrance-way. I have 28 of them ready to either make 4 doilies or a table runner or hang up as a strand. Help me decide if you want to.....I'm open to suggestions. My window is a double window. None of these have been connected together yet. If I go with the strand idea I will probably use a crocheted chain of maybe gold yarn like a real chain to hang them with. The pic with both of the snowflakes shows how the size can be changed with heavier yarn and bigger hook to make them. The outlined ones are made with yarn more like baby yarn and the white one is made with Red Heart Super saver which is thicker. Love ya , Patty

I feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06793-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06791-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06796-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06804-jpgI feel like I'm on  a roll now!-dsc06802-jpg
    You go redhead, you ARE on a roll!!! I'd make a garland / bunting of then and hang them if it were me, I"m planning on that this year anyway.So that's my vote! They look amazing, you did great! I'm so glad you're feeling good I meant to ask if you saw the Shadow box I have in my crochet room, it's my Mother's but she wanted me to have it when she knew she'd have to go into a nursing home with Alzheimer's. You liked the vases I thought you and Imaefty would both like the box and what it means to my mother. IF you can find it on here, it's under pictures or main, titled antiques or shadow box, "I'm not even sure right off, I'm so sorry!... having a slow brain day...
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-26-2015 at 01:53 PM.

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My new big pin cushion!

I've been wanting to do 3-5 pin cushions that I've fallen in love with, and this one is biggest so I made it first. My next couple of blog posts will have a section on Home Decor and Household Items. The branches with their goodies, and my new curtain, and many other items I already have will also be in there with the patterns.... I hadn't realized I had so many things like that, but I plan to have a lot more!

This is my African Flower Pin Cushion sits 3 1/2" high X 4" wide, and I stuffed it with yarn scraps! Haven't even opened my bag of polyfill yet! I LOVE it!! I have 3 others picked out also!

I feel like I'm on  a roll now!-afpc2best1-jpg

I feel like I'm on  a roll now!-afpc8bestmeholding-jpg

I feel like I'm on  a roll now!-afpc7goodmeholding-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    The pin cushion is great! I so enjoyed the photo of your Mom's shadow box. I know it is yours now but if you are like me you will call it your Mom's always. I feel family items are so special. I have some of my Nana's and they are dear to me. The cookbook that was my sister's is a treasure-she passed at age 25 when I was 16. She was a fabulous cook and baker. There are a few handwritten recipes tucked in the pages. Warms my heart. You are really getting along with your projects-Good for you! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    You go redhead, you ARE on a roll!!! I'd make a garland / bunting of then and hang them if it were me, I"m planning on that this year anyway.So that's my vote! They look amazing, you did great! I'm so glad you're feeling good I meant to ask if you saw the Shadow box I have in my crochet room, it's my Mother's but she wanted me to have it when she knew she'd have to go into a nursing home with Alzheimer's. You liked the vases I thought you and Imaefty would both like the box and what it means to my mother. IF you can find it on here, it's under pictures or main, titled antiques or shadow box, "I'm not even sure right off, I'm so sorry!... having a slow brain day...
    I checked for the shadowbox/antique and couldn't find it. I would love to see it. Maybe I'll look some more when I get back from the dentist's office. I think we are much alike in our love of painting,decorating and art work. Love, Patty