Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi, I am Cheryl

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am Cheryl

Started today, March 29th, 2012. I love crocheting. I have been crocheting since 1970. I taught myself to crochet from an encyclopedia called Leisure Living. I also taught myself to knit and embroider.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheryl,

Hello and welcome! Glad to hear of your love for crocheting and crafting! Doing such things can be so fulfilling!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Barbara G.;8406]Cheryl,

Hello and welcome! Glad to hear of your love for crocheting and crafting! Doing such things can be so fulfilling!

Thank you. I am not much of a crafter. I mostly crochet and have begun knitting again since I have been on the knitting forum (kinttingparadis.com). I live in Canada. Where in the US do you live. My youngest and his family also live in the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crjc;8413]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Cheryl,

Thank you. I am not much of a crafter. I mostly crochet and have begun knitting again since I have been on the knitting forum (kinttingparadis.com). I live in Canada. Where in the US do you live. My youngest and his family also live in the US.
    Hello - we live in the NE corner of Oklahoma. Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas are within 30-40 minutes in any direction!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

[QUOTE=Barbara G.;8416][QUOTE=crjc;8413]

Hello - we live in the NE corner of Oklahoma. Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas are within 30-40 minutes in any direction!

ok. My son lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Are you working on any projects at the present moment? I am supposed to be making a bedspread/afghan for a wedding shower present. I started a pattern which I got off of the internet. It is filet crochet, but the time is too short for me to be counting blks. and spaces and I have to do it in squares. I am looking to see if I can get one that I just do continous crocheting and not have to worry with making squares and then having to join them together. I am using a cotton yarn which is like the weight of a DK yarn or that of the Sugar & Cream cotton. I get myself into these things and only end up frustrating myself because it is not working out the way I imagined it would. So much for my imagination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am currently working many hours, but started working on a scarf for my daughter. I have yet to finish it right now! When summer gets here and my kids are at the local club - I plan on doing some other projects (we homeschool, so working and teaching consumes most of my time)! I did post my cell phone cover project in the pictures section which I finished last.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

[QUOTE=Barbara G.;8426]Hello,

I am currently working many hours, but started working on a scarf for my daughter. I have yet to finish it right now! When summer gets here and my kids are at the local club - I plan on doing some other projects (we homeschool, so working and teaching consumes most of my time)! I did post my cell phone cover project in the pictures section which I finished last.

I know what that feels like. I am an empty nester now, but I still work in the corporate world. I have 8 grands. I have to learn how to find my way in this forum. I have to find a way where I don't have to always be logging in. That is so annoying.

Anyway, have a blessed and peaceful evening. I am going to shut down in few minutes. I am still at work and will be packing it in for the night. Take good care.

Cheryl

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Cheryl! "My name is Maryjane and I am addicted to crocheting!" Perhaps we should have meetings like other addiction groups? Oh- we do-Crochet Talk! Anyway- welcome to the group! We have a lot of fun here and nobody has to make the coffee! I have to log in every day! For some reason my email wouldn't accept the newsletters! But this works just fine for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane,

Goodmorning/afternoon/evening (depending on where you are). Thank you for your welcome. Maybe there should be a "Crochet Anonymous" for our serious addiction. Do you think we would have many members??????. I live in Canada and it is a gorgeous day. Not warm, but nice and crisp. Around 4 degrees C. What are you working on now?

May your day be filled with God's richest blessings and may His abounding Grace and Mercies overflow you.

Take good care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cheryl!

I think we could use this site as our meeting place! I'm sure there are other "crochet addicts " that will join us! I live in Northern NY State-about an hour north of Albany. We're about 3-4 hours from Canada! I'm going to do my first craft fair of the year at the end of April, so I'm busy making little things. I make mostly childrens toys, dolls, and games to sell! Today I'm making a bunting doll-clothing, etc are crocheted on so it may be good for a young child! Last year I had requests for more items for young children and infants. This should help!