Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: My recent work

Post Thanks / Like

My recent work

The chevron is my first and probably last chevron. I really struggled with it. It is for a nurse at my doctors office who is having a boy.

The variegated is a c2c for my husband's co worker, not to sure about the color but trying to use yarn that I already have.

The light blue and white c2c is my first c2c is for my niece who is having a baby girl and she requested blue.

Sorry about that the picture quality, I had to use my kindle and the camera is better used for video chatting.
    Attached Images Attached Images My recent work-img_20150112_080737-jpg My recent work-img_20150112_080338-jpg My recent work-img_20150112_080700-jpg 

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes Susan2014, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work. I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled with the gift. What a great way to use your leftover yarn. I'm in the process of doing the same thing before I have to give it away.
    I have made several chevron afghans in the past. Was it the pattern or yarn that you had difficulty with? I find working with dark yarn is quite stressful these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern. I don't know why I just couldn't get the points to line up and I was counting

Post Thanks / Like
    your work is very pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie, WOW they are all 3 very beautiful blankets! I love them all. You really did a great job.

I've made several chevron and ripple blankets and have a couple of very nice easy patterns I used. I've never made a corner to corner blanket. I don't know why I'm so afraid to, or why it looks so intimidating to me. I have a friend who recently learned to crochet and she made one that turned out beautifully, so I know it can't be very difficult. I just need to take the leap and make one. I have a bunch of new, very pretty, yarn and it would be a good project for me.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pixieglitter;156151]Hi Debbie, WOW they are all 3 very beautiful blankets! I love them all. You really did a great job.

I've made several chevron and ripple blankets and have a couple of very nice easy patterns I used. I've never made a corner to corner blanket. I don't know why I'm so afraid to, or why it looks so intimidating to me. I have a friend who recently learned to crochet and she made one that turned out beautifully, so I know it can't be very difficult. I just need to take the leap and make one. I have a bunch of new, very pretty, yarn and it would be a good project for me.

I love the c2c afghans and I just started doing them. They go very quickly and I even adapted the pattern that had been sent to me (I wanted to use worsted yarn instead of sport yarn , changed out the hook size and decreased at a different row because I needed it a certain size) and every time, it came out really great. I may have posted pics of them. They are easy and you'll love the outcome. Can send it to you if you would like. Just pm me.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    debbie67, very pretty all of them. c2c is quite easy and fast. Some say once you catch on to decreasing its easy. Yes its true for me also. Done 3 blanies and 1 throw fow neighbor (invalid now). You did fine Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be interested in any pattern for a chevron that someone feels is easy.

The c2c works up fast and is super easy. It is my new favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm searching for the chevron baby afghan pattern I used. I found it on Pinterest.

Here's my favorite ripple pattern. I've made many ripple full size blankets using this pattern.

Attic24: Neat Ripple Pattern

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work is beautiful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן