Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen this pattern

Has anyone seen this pattern before? I think I can swing making it pretty much without
    A pattern but I haven't clue on the border.

Any ideas on how to crochet the border or something similar?
    Attached Images Attached Images Has anyone seen this pattern-4967361261477c61731c92944128f66a-jpg 

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie this is Delightfully Gorgeous. Id have this in my BR (My Prayer Corner) no man walks there . Id love this, so if any Link Ill send to you & you to me OK xoxoxoxo Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Very very pretty. It looks simple, but a lot of work too. You can google crochet edgings for lots of ideas. My favorite pattern search is on Pinterest. I've seen a lot of crochet edgings posted there. I've sometimes made my own borders just by looking at edgings on other projects. It may not come out exactly the same, but it's pretty close.

Shelley

5. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Borders like this are generally created using sc, chains, and dc-shells. It looks to me like two rounds of white followed by a round of black. The black round is mostly sc over the chains of the previous round.
    Along the straight edges, you will usually have one stitch for each stitch on the previous round. Add a few stitches at the corners (3-5 each corner) -- often this is done by adding 2dc and a ch to the corner shell.

Hope this helps.

8. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    VTPat - I think you're exactly right. You explained it much better than I could have.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty but I've not seen this before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    Has anyone seen this pattern before? I think I can swing making it pretty much without

That's a beauty, I want one! Debbie, you can search crochet edgings, borders, trims, etc and it will bring up youtube or written patterns of all kinds! Bookmark them in folders for reference, they're easy to find. Pick one you'd like to do, and it sounds like you're able to wing part of it if you need to.

Doing a dc, ch 1 or 2, dc all in the same space is a V-stitch, and sometimes it's someone's variation of that in their pattern.... and turning corners or center points on borders, or even just in a pattern, often consists of a v-stitch with ch 2 between them, so it would be dc, ch 1, dc, ch 2, dc, ch 1, dc.... a staple of crochet and the granny stitch.

Some people like the scalloped borders, that's pretty common too, and chains make good lacy patterns..
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-20-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just too pretty to put on the floor. With the right yarn it would make a gorgeous blanket or throw.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Debbie. Could you share with us where you found the photo?

It's very pretty and I absolutely love the colors!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!