Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas gift afghans

Christmas gift afghans-boots-jpgChristmas gift afghans-alissas-jpgChristmas gift afghans-dsc00225-jpgMade my granddaughters and youngest daughter, all afghans with matching slippers, for Christmas. I designed the picture of the horse & dog afghan, for my daughter. She has horses, and dogs, that look like them. I hunted the web for pictures, of the animals, to use, traced them on graph paper, then added the back ground. The owl, is from the WHOot, and Hello Kitty is one of several to be found. The square lace design, behind the owl and kitty, I made using the heart's background. The heart square was called Center Heart Square by Ginger Badger. The 'cowboy booties' is an old Annie's pattern, the owl and kitty are just basic design using the center of the squares. I was rewarded big time when my youngest granddaughter, age 10, sounded so happy and told me she knew how much time and work I did, her sister immediately put hers on her bed. My daughter almost cried. Guess they liked them.Christmas gift afghans-sept-4-2014-jpgChristmas gift afghans-kitty-slippers-jpg Ran out of room, so no owl bootie pics, they are about the same as the kitty ones.

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes missro007, butterfly316 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. A lot of work (and love) went into those Christmas gifts. You're a very talented lady.

4. Thanks Lissacc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful projects, each and every one of them! You have a tremendous talent and do wonderful work!

Shelley

6. Thanks Lissacc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice work

8. Thanks Lissacc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work is beautiful!! What a great idea to make slippers to match!!

10. Thanks Lissacc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you ladies. I think. my next matching, project will be a tree skirt, afghan and pillow all to match. I have lots of time to finish them. I have started, but seem to be having trouble keeping to task. Keep seeing other, interesting, projects taking my attention. So many beautiful, cute patterns, not enough time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Nice Lissacc. To be able to design your own crochet pattern Wow