Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My branches are in the vase!

Some time ago I posted the 'quicko" birds and got this whole idea from a foreign website, Bunny Mummy. She's sort of like Attic24, a little quirky and whimsical, which I mean purely as a compliment. So, my birds, a snowflake, a heart, butterflies, and a couple of various sized flowers, are hanging on the branches in a vase my mom gave me, it's all in my cheerful crochet room, , beside my antique double globe lamp that I got when I was 15, and the china cabinet was my mother's mother's and I painted it white and stenciled the ivy on it a long time ago, and love it so much that I'm never going to change it. I'm going to add stars, leaves, and many various other pieces to the branches as I get the pieces made. Just wanted to give you a look as it is now!

My branches are in the vase!-vasetree1-jpg

My branches are in the vase!-vase1-jpg

My branches are in the vase!-stenciledcabpartvase-jpg

My branches are in the vase!-stnciledcab1-jpg

My branches are in the vase!-cab1-jpg

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes karenlatlas, Nova55, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your room enough room for company?? Beautiful things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Your room enough room for company?? Beautiful things.
    Sure, come on down to SC and we'll crochet all night, lol, have a crocheting party! Thank you for the compliment!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love everything that you posted. The china closet is gorgeous, the branches are just so cool and the double globe is beautiful.

Can I join you in SC for a crochet party, LOL?? It is one of the states that I am researching since I am planning on moving

Thanks for posting the pics.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, what a great idea for bare branches. I have a friend who did a Christmas theme with branches. In the past, I have given her crocheted snowflakes that she used.
    LI Roe, since you are looking at moving you might also look at North Carolina. My son lives there and it is beautiful. I have only driven through South Carolina so I can't comment on it, but it might be much the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I love everything that you posted. The china closet is gorgeous, the branches are just so cool and the double globe is beautiful.

Can I join you in SC for a crochet party, LOL?? It is one of the states that I am researching since I am planning on moving

Thanks for posting the pics.

Roe

Thx so much, glad you like everything. The double globed lamp and china cabinet are very close to my heart. I wish I'd thought to take a pic of my beautiful hope chest in the room too! We had to bring the laptop in here and hold it up to take those pics, so it will be a while before we're able to get to that again, but I will get it, maybe when I take a pic of my new aqua shell headband. It is a BIG PAIN not having a regular digital camera! Anyway, that's life....

p.s. and yes, you can come to the crochet party, but unless you love long humid months of horribly hot weather, don't move here, lol, I HATE it!!! All my life, I hate that part of this state!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-05-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Susan, what a great idea for bare branches. I have a friend who did a Christmas theme with branches. In the past, I have given her crocheted snowflakes that she used.
    LI Roe, since you are looking at moving you might also look at North Carolina. My son lives there and it is beautiful. I have only driven through South Carolina so I can't comment on it, but it might be much the same.

I'm going to keep something on the branches all year, often holiday related. I LOVE the mountains and would love to live high up in them myself. their temps are usually about 5-10 degrees cooler than ours at any time. What part of NC is your son in? My ex was from just above Asheville so I've spent a lot of time in the mtns. I'm in the upstate, northwest corner, Geenville area. We loved on the coast for a year with my husband;s job but our whole family is here so we were glad to come back when grandkids started coming. We have 9 now incl twins, from my 2 kids and my 2 step kids...

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sapphire43;155514]Susan, what a great idea for bare branches. I have a friend who did a Christmas theme with branches. In the past, I have given her crocheted snowflakes that she used.
    LI Roe, since you are looking at moving you might also look at North Carolina. My son lives there and it is beautiful. I have only driven through South Carolina so I can't comment on it, but it might be much the same.[/QUOTE]

North Carolina is another state I am looking at also. I also thought about Georgia but I really would like something coastal. I just don't want cold or snow anymore. Getting too old for that , LOL!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, my son lives in the Chapel Hill area. He works in Chapel Hill area and just bought a house not too far from the area. Prices are really reasonable outside Chapel Hill. It is just beautiful there. I live on the Gulf Coast and there is so much heat, humidity and mosquitoes, it is hard to tolerate in the warmer months. I lived in Northern California for 16 years, so moving back here (for family also) was quite an adjustment!

LI Roe, good luck with picking another home. Moving can be quite an adjustment. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Susan, my son lives in the Chapel Hill area. He works in Chapel Hill area and just bought a house not too far from the area. Prices are really reasonable outside Chapel Hill. It is just beautiful there. I live on the Gulf Coast and there is so much heat, humidity and mosquitoes, it is hard to tolerate in the warmer months. I lived in Northern California for 16 years, so moving back here (for family also) was quite an adjustment!

LI Roe, good luck with picking another home. Moving can be quite an adjustment. Keep us posted.
    Sapphire, moving is the most awful thing in the world to me. I'm disabled and we moved this March, then had to move again in April, putting our belongings that weren't all unpacked into storage, then 2 weeks later e found the place we're in now, thank God. My health was damaged so badly I was using a walker from July until a few weeks ago, and my right leg will never be the same again. My legs below the knees felt like concrete and my feet swelled so badly I could only wear one pair of shoes that there wasn't much to them. I've never felt so bad in my life, I never should have packed once, and my husband developed a hernia that needs surgery, hopefully he'll get it in Feb. and it doesn't get worse before then. I knew it would be hard on us, but I surely never expected this. when people say they have to move, I feel terrible for them.