Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Packing away Christmas decorations

Well I spent most of the day packing up all of my decorations from Christmas. I always individually wrap each ornament and then put it in an ornament box with the dividers. It is a pain, but it has saved them from being damaged during all those months in the garage. I still need to finish wrapping different displays I have had up. I love all my Christmas decorations, but I usually try and take them down before New Year's day. I used to leave them up until after New Year's day but I am no doing any entertaining so no need. How long do you girls leave up your decorations?

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arlyce Hello, Im from Minnesota and getting Cold, about 4 above now (4:50 pm. Keep warm and have a safe & Fun "New Year" Imputting my few things away tonight as my 2 Cats I have rescued love Trees & Bulbs?? Thats OK we had a 3 ft Tree high up & no bulbs on some color but no glass bulbs. Dont be a stranger on CT love to hear from you.

Susan2014 FB susan m jensen

Post Thanks / Like
    I have started taking mine down today since it takes me a while. All the packing and wrapping takes lots of time and of course I don't work as fast as I used to. I'm lucky with my fur baby. He has ignored the tree (prefers to be by my side). He is an older kitty and spends lots of time sleeping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually take them down around Jan 1 or a couple of days later, depending on what I am doing. Since I do an artificial tree and it goes up (with everything else) by Thanksgiving weekend, it has served its time. LOL. The outside lights go on the weekend before Thanksgiving also. I have started to go through my Christmas stuff after I did the decorating and right now have three boxes filled and one tinsel tree (never used, that my friend gave to me when she closed her store) and that will be donated. I tend to leave any and all presents under the tree until it comes down, then I start using them or putting them away to use.

Roe

6. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am bad--I may leave mine up through January. The kids tease me about it. Now that I am older --I don't care --if I want it up a little longer that's what I do.

8. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use to leave mine up til New Years day, This is the first time I had one in a long time. I took it down the day after Christmas. I use to have outside decoration also . So I would leave it up longer.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 01-06-2015 at 05:45 AM.

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually take mine down after Christmas and before the New Year. I agree the packing them away can be a pain but I have some ornaments I am especially fond of and do not want them damaged. I also crocheted a lot of new ones this year and packaged them separate from their hooks so they don't get snagged.