Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Armynavymom in Central Ohio

I always enjoy seeing whats new but have never posted. So, Hi! People ask me how long I have been crocheting, well I just had my 40 year high school reunion and my mom taught me when I was in 6th grade! She was left handed, I am right. She taught me the basics and the granny square. Since then I have taught myself all kinds of fun stitches. I love to crochet, it relaxes me. I have a small Gift & Crafts shop with Antiques too. An odd combo, but it works! I yarn bombed the front door handle, it makes people happy. Well, I'm not much for writing, so, Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!! Catch ya all later.

2. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, armynavymom. Glad to meet you. My great grandmother inadvertently taught me to crochet about 60 years ago (I was around 8 yrs old). She crocheted edgings on plain white handkerchiefs, and I would sit on the couch next to her and watch. I guess how to crochet stuck with me because it was probably 20 yrs later that I began to crochet. Now I mostly crochet scarves for homeless people. Anyway, welcome to the forum. There are quite a few very nice ladies here. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group, we're glad you're here. My mom started teaching me how to crochet when I was 7. I'm 51 now so that was a long time ago lol. I live in Alabama and am looking forward to getting to know you.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! We are glad you are here as a member!

Please make yourself at home and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. It is very nice to have you with us. I have crocheted over 40 years. I don't have a store but I have business cards I hand out I have been very busy with orders but I enjoy it very much

Post Thanks / Like

Great to have you here.

Welcome. It's funny how the things stick with us through the years. I too have been crocheting since I was a little girl. My mother taught me how to crochet. Her favorite style though, was Filet Crochet. She would make such beautiful pieces. Glad to have you here.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Armynavymom....
    nice to meet you ....I am from a rural area of Central NY state.....seems we all learned to crochet at a young age. I was also about 7 or 8 when my dad's Godmother taught my mom and she taught me. I dropped it for many years because it wasn't "cool" to crochet when I was a teenager...but I picked it up again when I got married in the mid 1970s. I have taught my son and youngest daughter to crochet. (my oldest daughter had no interest) It became a passing phase for my son, but my youngest daughter is crocheting all the time....in fact she sold "made to order" animal hooded cowls for people at Christmas. She is a college student and always in need of spending cash...LOL.....We were homeschoolers so making Christmas presents every year was a norm for us and part of school. It has now become a ritual to make lots of crochet items for people at Christmas...mostly small things to go with other presents.

As you can see I like to talk a lot LOL....very nice to meet you and I hope we can become friends..
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to crochet talk! Hope to get to know you better! I crochet mostly doilies, prayer shawls, bookmarks, etc. Learned from my Mom and Grandmother when I was young. I'm 50 now and love it still.