Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

A piece of pleasure!

Hi all, I hope each of you has a wonderful, safe and peaceful Christmas. It's been a rough year for me and Dale, but the crochet itself and the friends I've made thru it have really changed my life in many ways, all good. My blog is going well and I have something new in store for it for the new year, I think it will be a fun way to learn and a good ideas all around. This is a piece I made last Thursday-Friday, thought some of yall might possibly like making one. It's one of those pieces that makes you love crochet more every time you look at it - I think I feel that way about most of my crochet!

I really enjoyed making it, it was a real pleasure. One side stayed the same, the other side went from narrow to wide, then straight for a bit, then back down to narrow on the other side. The circle 'danglies' are a focus and any color changing or plain yarn would look good on such a nice versatile piece. I will get a lot of use out of this for sure! The title of the piece given by the designer is called The Unforgettable Scarf, and she used Unforgettable yarn of course. I've seen one person make this with a ruffled edging but this is so unique, I had to make it as the pattern called for! You can make it without the danglies on it, in fact the video version of this pattern show it with and without. There is a written pattern and a video tutorial.

A piece of pleasure!-unforgscrf2-jpg

A piece of pleasure!-unforgscrf8-jpg

A piece of pleasure!-unforgscrf4-jpg

A piece of pleasure!-unforgscrf3-jpg

A piece of pleasure!-unforgscrf21-jpg

2. Likes cheri54, Nova55, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely!!! It looks really nice on you too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is just stunning. I love the danglies too, it just kicks it up a notch. And you make a very good model!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is just stunning. I love the danglies too, it just kicks it up a notch. And you make a very good model!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful colors - love the danglies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Really good work!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all, you're so encouraging and supportive - this is the best group about doing that that I've ever see. You give each other inspiration and self confidence!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on Irish style doily just needed to rip out almost all ... I am busy and do not make fielt pieces... You wait
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, that is a beautiful scarf and you are beautiful with it on and without it! What a wonderful job!! xoxoxo Merry Christmas! Lynda