Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Are you finished with all of your Christmas baking, cookies, etc.

I have been having the darndest luck with all of my cooking projects this Christmas. I have baked for years and usually have great success. It started out with my Macadamia nut brittle. It looked ok when we spread it on the cookie sheet, but it didn't get crispy. My daughter looked up if there is a solution to this problem and one gal said she broke it up and just cooked it longer. Well we broke it up in pieces and recooked it. It looked pretty good but OUCH it cooked a little too long and it tasted burnt!!! What a waste of money on those darn Macadamia nugs. Then I tried a new recipe for coconut macadamia nut cookies, yuck, they turned out yucky and I am going to throw them out. So next comes the Spritz cookies. Even those didn't turn out very well, I used old green food coloring, the good kind, but it must have been old so the cookies taste funny. What a disapointing season I have had with baking. So today, I am starting anew and making some of my time tested never fail cookies and candy. Wish me luck girls. And best of luck to you on your baking this holiday season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arlyce, good luck with your cookies and whatever else you bake. I know how it feels to have such a failure or just have the baked item not turn out as expected. No, I am no where near finished baking. I really don't have to bake a lot since the family is small and we do have to watch our sugar intake. However, I am planning to bake a Red Velvet Cake for Christmas Eve. When the kids were young, I used to do one in the shape of a tree each Christmas and another at Valentine's Day in the shape of a heart. Today I will make the Chocolate Crackle cookies. They turn out so pretty and taste good too.

Post Thanks / Like
    We just went and did our shopping today for dinner. So, have plenty to do over the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Done with Christmas

No baking or cooking for me this Christmas. I am diabetic so I have to watch. I am done shopping. Have everything wrapped except my grandaughters. Will do it tomorrow morning as we will be having Christmas Eve dinner at my sons house & opening pkgs too. Anyone ever tried Whiskey fudge?Made with Jack Daniels or your favorite. When done you let it set for a day & cure. Says you can taste the whiskey. If I could find the whiskey in a smaller bottle that costs less than $20.00. I only need 3/4 of a cup. Maybe I will find someone who already has a bottle & get some from them. Could only eat 1 piece but bet its good.Everyone have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. Will let you know if I make the fudge.

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter did all my Christmas shopping for me, so all I have to is wrap them, guess I will wrap them tonight. Except her
    I bought her new flooring for her Living room. They bought a home that was a fixer upper, so she could have decent looking living room for Christmas I bought it for her. They got it all laid Sat. She is so happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug, I went to a card shop that also sells wine and hard liquor they had little bottles for a dollar so I bought a small rum for my no bake rum balls. There is such a small amount it's not like you could get drunk from them. I don't drink except an occasional bit of wine. Try a liquor store ours carries the little bottles!!! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    It's not for Christmas but I'm going to put a lemon cake pie in the oven. Yes, that's what it's called. A lemon cake pie.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mom used to make cranberry banana bread for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've made it before but I'm not making it this year.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    I made no bake cookies, some raisin cookies and choclate chip. I am going to make my buckeyes tomorrow. No cooking for me though because we are going to my daughter's for Christmas dinner. Just have to wrap the homemade gifts other then that they are all wrapped. I usually cook a cranberry nut loaf but didn't have a can of whole cranberry sauce like it calls for so they will have to do without that for this year. I don't back much because I am diabetic and have to watch what I eat and how much I eat.