Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

hello from Texas

My name is Becky. I am widowed with two adult children but no grandchildren yet. My son is a newlywed so we'll give him a little time yet. I learned to crochet from my Dad's mother (Granny) when I was 9. I lost interest during my teen years. I made many things during my first pregnancy for our first child, a daughter. early in my marriage we transferred to the Phillipines. Our housegirl crocheted every afternoon while watching her tv stories. I began joining her and picked up the stitches again very quickly. Our next duty station was back in the USA and I found a wonderful yarn shop where the ladies would sit at this bid round table to work on their projects, gossip, and help one another with questions and crochet problems. As a military family, we moved to other locations but finding a yarn shop always helped me feel at home.
    Last edited by BeckyK; 12-19-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: add a photo

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Im glad you joined us in CT Group. Lots of Talent, help if you need any, Friendly Family . Im Susan2014 from Minnesota, married, 1 adult son and allways needing crochet help. Understanding Patterns??? Check our Group we have at top in Community . Have a Great Holiday & feel free to show Pics of anything you do or share a pattern if you like. Bye for now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Hi Im glad you joined us in CT Group. Lots of Talent, help if you need any, Friendly Family . Im Susan2014 from Minnesota, married, 1 adult son and allways needing crochet help. Understanding Patterns??? Check our Group we have at top in Community . Have a Great Holiday & feel free to show Pics of anything you do or share a pattern if you like. Bye for now

Thank you for your warm welcome Susan2014. I look forward to connecting with all who enjoy "hooking". I do read patterns & will gladly offer what help I can. I'm not a professional but I have done some expert patterns without totally pulling out all my hair . I'm still trying to figure out how to add a profile pic as well as of my work. Happy Holidays to you too.

Post Thanks / Like
    WElcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here as a member!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Becky, Glad to have you join us . I live just up the road in New Braunsfels. There are about 5 or 6 of us in Texas. Hope you enjoy the Forum. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Becky and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I am a avid crocheter for about 40 years and enjoy it very much