Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help with shedding yarn

Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to get a finished project to stop shedding? I finally finished a long shrug made from Lion Brand Silky Twist yarn. It looks great but after wearing it, my black pants were covered with (lint) from the yarn. I would appreciate any help.
    Rae

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeMH View Post
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to get a finished project to stop shedding? I finally finished a long shrug made from Lion Brand Silky Twist yarn. It looks great but after wearing it, my black pants were covered with (lint) from the yarn. I would appreciate any help.
    Rae
    Hi RaeMH - have you washed the piece yet? Read the label's washing instructions and wash it, machine or hand, and that will help a lot, but you know how black is, and some things just aren't meant to wear together! Hopefully after a wash and dry (according to label only) should help. If you don't still have the label, look it up on Lion Brand's website, they have EVERYthing you need to know about it on there. Their new pattern system is amazing! They help anybody be able to make anything! Let us know what happens, I'm not familiar with that type of their yarns yet. We'll all learn something from this ordeal, lol!

Post Thanks / Like

help with shedding yarn

Good and bad news: washing helps a little but not enough with the shedding so I e-mail Lion Brand Yarn but they did not have a solution. Good news: Lion Brand Yarn is sending me a refund so I can buy a different yarn. I definitally recommend contacting them if you have any problems with their yarn. They are very responsive and quick. It only took this long because I have been sick. I am better now and looking forward to starting a new project. Rae

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know Rae. I had a problem with Red Heart a few years ago and contacted them also. They thanked me for letting them know of the problem and sent me more yarn then I had purchased in the first place.

I think the lesson here is to let the yarn companies know when we have problems so they can fix it for us. Sorry you had completely finished yours.