Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: For kl1000

Post Thanks / Like

For kl1000

Here are some pictures of my parrots. kl1000 asked about them. That's my hubby in the pic.

For kl1000-100_0958-jpg Spunky

For kl1000-100_0961-jpg Spunky

For kl1000-sunny-shell-3-jpg Sunny

For kl1000-100_0003-jpg Sweetie (he's often called Stinker)

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I love your parrots!!! I had parakeets for years but after I lost the last one I didn't get another! We were in Brownsville Texas in 2002 and there were wild parrots!!! I thought that was just awesome I had no idea there were wild parrots , loved watching them every day!!! Yours are beautiful. Are the white ones cockatiels or cockatoos?? Hugs winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thank you a lot! I love your parrots. I wish I had more but Peter does not let me to get them...
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Oh I love your parrots!!! I had parakeets for years but after I lost the last one I didn't get another! We were in Brownsville Texas in 2002 and there were wild parrots!!! I thought that was just awesome I had no idea there were wild parrots , loved watching them every day!!! Yours are beautiful. Are the white ones cockatiels or cockatoos?? Hugs winnie
    Hi Winnie,

The two smaller ones are cockatiels. Cockatoos are huge and cost thousands of dollars. They are like having a 2 year old around all the time.

I lived in Big Springs, Texas when I was very young and one of my brothers was born there. I have another brother who lives just outside of Austin.

Is Brownsville near the Mexican border. If so they might have migrated to Texas from Mexico. Also, sadly, lots of people will get tired of their parrots and release them. They are large populations of these parrots in San Francisco and in several places in Pennsylvania.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Babs, yes Brownsville is right across a bridge to Mexico. Which is why we were there. My husband went to Mexico for alternative treatment for his brain cancer in 2002 I guess I never realized there were wild parrots but the I know people try and smuggle them into the country. One thing I do know is they are beautiful and it bought me great pleasure every day while I was waiting while my husband had his treatment. I think the Lord sent them to the area for me!!! Have a good night Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw wild parrots in Istanbul! They are wonderful. I love all birds though
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Your birds are beautiful. I have a neighbor who is just starting to raise cockatiels.

Post Thanks / Like

Parrots/Birds

We love birds too. We feed the wild birds and have a feeder outside our bay window. We also have feeders for the squirrels much further away from the bird feeders. Hubby loved to watch the wild birds as they flit around!

Post Thanks / Like
    Babs, I love the photos of your birds! I also used to have a cockateil named Sunny! I had a pair, Sunny and Sassy, and they were the sweetest birds with my then two very young boys. I'd let them out of their cage and the boys would hold them. I love birds!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I love birds and the pics are great! We have lots of wild birds in the country, cardinals, chickadees, sparrows, blue jays, doves. Mom has two cockatiels named George and Gracie. They don't like to be handled. The female lays eggs every so often which we remove after a fashion because we don't want to raise them. They are extremely protective when there are eggs in the cage. But they don't sleep on them at night. We call them our watch birds because they screech and get excited when a car drives in our driveway. They can see out the window. Ha!