Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas Party game

For several years I have been invited to a Christmas parties where they play "Dirty Santa" (you choose a gift based on the number you draw but the gift can be taken by someone who has a number after yours) - I don't like this game at all! Any suggestion on a different game to play?
    Last edited by Afay; 12-13-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A trivia game might be good. We did that a few years ago at an office party and it was a lot of fun. You can have someone as the leader and ask trivia questions by going around the room. My sister went to a Christmas party a couple of years ago and instead of playing Dirty Santa, they were assigned another person to bring a $5 white elephant gift for. She and her hubby got a framed photo of the other family.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I Googled Christmas party games. Some good ones there. And how about guests bringing contributions for the local food bank instead of things most won't use anyway? People are hungry after holidays too. Also,any guests of the "older" generation could tell how they celebrated in the days before all this technology. It is interesting to hear and helps keep memories passing on. Whatever you do ENJOY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    I Googled Christmas party games. Some good ones there. And how about guests bringing contributions for the local food bank instead of things most won't use anyway? People are hungry after holidays too. Also,any guests of the "older" generation could tell how they celebrated in the days before all this technology. It is interesting to hear and helps keep memories passing on. Whatever you do ENJOY!
    Thanks - We have our own food bank and clothing bank at the Church so we are always bringing items to give. There was a suggestion to bring an ornament and play a game using the ornament with a story using directions left/right and pass the ornament around. Sounded cute - we could always use the ornaments for our Christmas Giveaway when we finish the game...... I'll look at google games. thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    A trivia game might be good. We did that a few years ago at an office party and it was a lot of fun. You can have someone as the leader and ask trivia questions by going around the room. My sister went to a Christmas party a couple of years ago and instead of playing Dirty Santa, they were assigned another person to bring a $5 white elephant gift for. She and her hubby got a framed photo of the other family.

Shelley
    Since it is a church group a Bible Trivia might be perfect! I like the White Elephant idea - maybe we could even make the gift hummmmmm. Thanks