Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Graphghan

Post Thanks / Like

Graphghan

I really want to make a graphical but have no clue, has anyone made one? Difficult? Easy?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    An afghan made from a graph? It can be difficult depending on what graph you chose and how well you can change colors. Some people cut their yarn to change colors while others keep all the strands attached as they go. In which case you can easily have 6 strings going at once and can turn into a jumbled mess quickly if you're not careful on how you turn your work and keep tabs when you set it down.
    Graphghan-blanket-jpg This is one I had started doing for a friend from a graph in a crochet world mag. I am one who likes to keep all the strands attached as I go, I try to avoid tying in ends as much as possible , so it was tedious.
    Hope this is along the lines you were talking about...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it should have said graphgan. Just like the pic you showed. I want to try it but it seems pretty difficult

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not too difficult just tedious. I think it'd be best for you to start with something small like a graph hot pad to see if it is something you'd like to do before trying a full afghan. It was something I enjoyed doing because I tend to get bored with my projects but with a graph project every line is something different and you have to pay close attention if you don't want to frog it over and over. I'm a sucker for a challenge.
    I say if you want to try something go for it. If you end up not liking it after starting at least you can say you tried and found out it wasn't for you. Good luck in your endeavor if you so choose to go with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    crochet4fun - what a beautiful afghan.