Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone my name is Mary. Thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I iaught myself to crochet in 1972. I didn't really star crocheting until 1978. I was working the 11-7 shifft at the hospital. Every one elsecwas crocheting so I decided tompick it back up. I have been crocheting since then. I did quit for a few years when my son was born and while he was getting older. Being a single mother working full time and tsking call for my job made it difficult to crochet. He is now 17 but also because of health issues I started back to crocheting.
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 11-26-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: thread moved to intro forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to have you here as a member! Thanks for joining us!

And have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary, we're glad you're here. I'm from Alabama. Like you, I quit crocheting for several years because I was a single mom of 2 boys and raising them took up all of my time. They're grown now and it's "momma time." LOL

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is a senior in high school but self sufficient, so I have more time to myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi glad to meet you.

7. Likes cheri54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mary, the hardest part for me after raising my boys was when they both left home. They're 21 and 24 now. My oldest went away to college and he graduated last year. My youngest is working and planning to go back to school. Both are awesome hard working young men and I'm so proud of them both!!! They live 2 and 4 hours away from me now. I'm still trying to get my bearings after they left home. I knew it would be an adjustment but I wasn't prepared for what a big deal it would be for me, when they left home. I so yearned for this day when they were little! lol Even though my boys don't live here in town, we're all extremely close. Life is so good!!! I've started crocheting baby items for my future grandchildren. Of course I haven't told my boys, it's something I do in private. It's fun to plan for the future.

Shelley

9. Likes cheri54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary,
    Welcome to CT

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I'm not looking forward to the day he leaves. He is wanting to be a video game designer. Once he gets his degree and csn find a job it will be in another state. That's is what I'm dreading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary and welcome from Pa. I have crocheted for 40 some years. Nice to have you with us