Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

What's on your Thanksgiving menu?

We're only hours away from Thanksgiving! What are you eating? Are you cooking or having your meal catered? Eating out? Please share what delicious dishes you'll be enjoying for Thanksgiving!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making all my things from scratch. We are having pumpkin pie, apple pie, green jello whipped dessert, cherry whipped dessert, pumpkin roll, pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, pickles and olives and cheese, celery with cream cheese on some and peanut butter on the rest, veggies, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cole slaw and deviled eggs and homemade cheesecake.

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow Sonnetta, that's a lot of food! And a lot of work making it all, too.

My oldest son and I are going to a good friend's house tomorrow for dinner. We're going to grill out, there will be 5-6 of us there. I was going to make a big pan of homemade macaroni and cheese but am running out of time, so I bought Stouffer's. I also bought 2 pies, apple and pecan. And I got a nice bottle of wine, too.

My youngest son can't come home for Thanksgiving, he has to work. He works at Cracker Barrel and it's their busiest day of the year. Both my boys are very hard workers and they both work a lot of overtime. So I'm glad my oldest is here!

Shelley

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

TDay Dinner

Wow that is alot of good food. Are you preparing all of it?
    We started a new tradition for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. It works out well for everybody, especially the hostess.
    The hostess, now my daughter, is responsible for the turkey, dressing and gravy. I bring green bean casserole. I also make pecan pie and a two layer pumpkin/cool whip pie. Watergate Salad, which is the pistachio pudding with pineapple and cool whip basically. One of my son's brings the mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes (not yams). My brother is bringing a green salad. Grandma is bringing rolls and homemade cranberries. I guess that is about all. Oh and someone is bringing a relish tray, olives, etc.
    Just your very basic Thanksgiving Dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    This year, we'll have fruit cups(fresh plums, fresh bananas and dried cranberries) for an appetizer. Our tradition has always been to have several meats:this year we'll have turkey, barbeque ribs and garlic herb chicken. Dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce included! Our veggies are sweet potatoes, sweet peas, whole kernel corn, green beans, macaroni & cheese with bacon, collard and mixed greens. Our breads will be cornbread and Hawaiian rolls. For dessert, there will be apple pie, sweet potato pie and Italian creme cake. Soft drinks will quench our thirst! Hot sauces and pickles will be our condiments.

The cornbread is ready and I'll cook the barbeque ribs this evening. We bought our dressing in another city. We placed an order for it and picked it up today. My older daughter is heating the dressing now. My younger daughter will be picking up the macaroni & cheese with bacon in a different city. It is worth the travel to get some delicious food! Everything else will be heated tomorrow. Fruit cups will also be made tomorrow!

Pre-Happy Thanksgiving All!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-26-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The macaroni & cheese not only has bacon in it, but chicken too! I can hardly wait to eat some of this dish!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also make my dinner from scratch. We had a delicious turkey, gravy, dressing, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, green bean casserole, dinner rolls (not scratch), cranberry sauce, applesauce and pumpkin and apple pies. We all drank water with our meal, but Bill's daughter & I imbibed in a glass of white wine after dinner. It was a wonderful day with 10 people here. The grandchildren were all so good. I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!