Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Scooters posted a urgent prayer request

This is what Scooters wrote

Well, after making those 3 afghans, it looks as though the last baby might not make it. He was born last evening and has been in ICU ever since. Please pray for Him. His name is Conrad & his father is flying home from Afghanistan to be with his wife and the baby. I would appreciate all of the prayers that you might give the Pappas family....Andrew, Ashlynn & baby Conrad! Andrew is my precious nephew, Ashlynn is his wife and Conrad is my grandnephew. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what Miss Julie posted

I usually have the T.V on but don't ask me what it is saying, especially if I am making a gift for a special person and am running out of time for giving. Found out I have Lung Cancer a couple months ago so now I take it on the bus with me to all my Dr. appointments, and there are a lot of us in Chemo that crochet and we chit-chat about what we have made or making.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what Linda D. Mitzner posted.

please keep my mother in your prayers

Last night my mother and I were getting our hair done at a friend's house. Mom went to sit on pillows in front of her woodstove and lost her balance and fell backward into the stove, hitting her head on the rim which stunned her and she couldn't move off the stove . My friend and I lifted her forward away from stove. Ended up taking her to emergency. Mom's ct scan showed no bleeding on brain or cracks of the head or neck. Thank God! She had to have four staples to close her gash. Wasn't burned, another praise, bad bruise on back next to left side of spine. Brought her home that night so stayed home from church to keep an eye on her today. She's doing ok so far. A little unsteady, head and back hurts quite a bit yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    posted by Sonnetta

went to doctor

I went to the doctor today. She tested my arms and my legs and said that I am very weak so she said she was going to order me in home physical therapy. I have to get some blood work done to check my b12. As far as the light headedness and dizziness she said that is from the parkinson's and not much we can do. I will just have to be careful and that I will just have to adjust to it and live with it but I am no accepting that. I believe the Lord will take it away. I told her about my neck but she didn't even say anything about that. I think I am going to find another doctor after the first of the year and get another opinion. She really don't spend enough time with the paitent and really don't look at everything. I am just going to rest the rest of the day My legs are awful weak right now and hurting. I almost fell in the bedroom last night. My left hand is so weak I almost dropped my purse walking up to the porch.

My doctor is ordering home health care while i am getting the therapy. The nurse is supposed to come out tomorrow morning to evaluate me. I got the call today after the nurse comes out then they will arrange for the main physical therapist will come out and evaluate to set up a plan. After that he will set up a schedule and one of his physical therapists will come.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-25-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    posted by SusansSoulShines

knee injections starting - wish me luck

Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop by for a minute, Ive got to get ready now to go to start the 1st of 3 knee gel injections. I'll get shots 2 & 3 if I decide to go back after today. The gel is made from rooster/chicken coombs (?) and it's supposed to help knees that have only a little cartilage left in them. I hate this because I've never had knee problems, that was one of the few things I didn't have trouble with. My right knee almost needs replacement and the left not too very far behind, and I really don't want to go thru that experience having Fibro & arthritis, because I know what along painful recovery it will be.

Something happened to my knee in July, it 'popped' behind the knee and within a minute I was not able to walk, so I've used my walker with wheels and am ready to park that baby if possible, so I'm doing this to see what happens. Not really wanting this since it will irritate my knee I'm sure, and it will hurt. I know the pain of the steroid shot, which I won't get again since it made my whole knee feel weird. The legs below both knees sometimes feel they weight a ton, an they hurt and ache so bad. When that happens my feet swell and it's been awful, but I know that moving and the awful physical work of this year has been too much for me, so I hope to have more improvement. I was just starting to do better and hope this shot won't mess me up. Not liking how the feeling... wish me luck everyone! Prayers more than welcome!!

UPDATE: I got shot #1 and am getting one more each week for the next two weeks. It takes some time usually to start helping, but it's not hurting anything. All I can do is wait and see how it does, so let's now pray that it will build up my knee cartilage and I'll be able to move my leg better and walk on my own! I didn't need any more pain, none of us do. It's a life sucker, it sucks the life from people, but I try not to let it, that's a big 'must'! It's also easier said than done, but I'm driven and determined, so I'll always fight it. Thank you so much for all the kind comments, you're all so very thoughtful!

Post Thanks / Like
    also posted by SusansSoulShines
    I'll do it when I have to, but I'm getting shot #2 Monday, then one more next Tues. The chronic pain that I live with has pushed to take over & control my life for most of my adult life, steadily going downhill no matter what I try. I fight, resist, and keep hoping that each day I can just continue to bear it and live with it. It has tested my very sanity to live with so much pain that can't be stopped. Meds give me some relief, as I'm in pain management. I've done everything under the sun. I just pray and deal with it. My knees were the only thing that never did hurt before something popped behind my right knee in July, and within one minute I couldn't walk. I've been using a walker with wheels since then, and at home I'm off the walker because the knee was getting a little better. I started using,of all things, Blue Emu Oil (which is actually a silky cream) around the time the knee started getting better, so I'm not sure if it helped or the timing was right for the knee to at least not hurt so bad. It's for joint pain, rashes, burns, and 'id never heard of it until my husband brought me some.

The back of my knee still hurts and I can't bend or straighten my leg much. There's one position that it does good in, and the tub is hard but other than that, I sort of limp and am only using the walker if I leave home. The legs from the knee down on some days feel weighed down with concrete since this happened in July, and my feet swelled up so bad on some days that I felt they would burst. Just more pain that doesn't want to completely stop.... the shots didn't hurt so bad, so I'm going for the others and hoping it will buy me some time. I've been trying to recover from our move this spring that I knew would be terribly dangerous for my health, but we had to do it. I wish we'd never had to do that, it really blew my body into a sort of shock for a few weeks there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I miss anybody?

Post Thanks / Like
    posted by Ms. Dale
    Just found out my mom has cancer, going for tests in the morning. Pray hard, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda Hughes/Winnie 2013 said she was in a lot of pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Jean Marie, for posting all these prayer requests. I'm sending out prayers of healing for all, especially little baby Conrad. May his father, Andrew, have a safe trip from Afganistan to be with his sweet family.

Hugs,
    Shelley