Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ripped nail off

Post Thanks / Like

ripped nail off

I have always had long nails it's my one vice I get my nails done every three weeks I just had I'm done last week and just now as I was walking out of the bathroom my nail got caught t on the metal part where the doorlatch's in. The nail is completely ripped off all I have left is the nailbed has anyone ever done this? has it grown back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi debby67. So sorry about your nail. That had to hutt!!! I did the same thing with my right thumb. Sllammed the car door on it.Went cpletely black and
    came off at hee? nail bed. It took a while but .it.grew back. As long as the nail bed is not.damafed, the.nail will grow back.
    Last edited by Irishjl; 11-24-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    On numerous occasions, I've whacked the same toe on things and the nail has eventually completely fallen off. It always grows back. In the meantime, I'd just paint nail polish over where the nail was supposed to be and no one was the wiser lol.

Since you have acrylic nails, your nail tech should be able to cover it with acrylic and put on a new tip. It'll protect your nail bed while it grows out.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    The closest I have come is when I used to put on my own fake nails and sometimes the nail would just get all wonky and part of it would fall off but it grew back (and I stopped using fake nails all the time).

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a professional nail put on will definitely help your nail heal.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I do get them done professionally. I had a few facet nerve root blocks yesterday on my back and asked my doctor. He said wash it, glue it, leave it two weeks and then have my nail techs do it as normal but maybe cut all of them short for a month or so while that nail grows out so it does not snag. He wants me to glue it so we know it is sterile.

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh My Gosh that had to really, really hurt. So sorry this happened to you. I have never done this, but just ripping a nail off way down to the quick is so painful.
    Hope it grows back quickly.