Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Beanie size

Post Thanks / Like

Beanie size

I have made infant, toddler & adult beanies an a m fine on sizing, now I need to make on for a 7 year old I have never med an have no way to get her head measurements? Any suggestions or pattern ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    I have made infant, toddler & adult beanies an a m fine on sizing, now I need to make on for a 7 year old I have never med an have no way to get her head measurements? Any suggestions or pattern ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    All of these have extensive head & body size info on them!

♥ Bev's size charts ♥

children's sizes

Free Crochet Patterns By Cats-Rockin-Crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Why didn't I think of that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    Thanks! Why didn't I think of that?

Glad you can use it! I have more time than some people to find things like this when I need it myself. That's why I chose to do my blog, I've been bookmarking for a solid year and decided I should share my info. I taught myself to do this & started collecting all I could on how to do it and do it right! Check it out sometime if you haven't. I put hours into making a post to help people use what I've found. I didn't make the videos, but I share the expert's ideas with others while I learn from them too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the 22" size for kids 5 and up. My standard hat pattern is either a 10 dc into a magic circle or 11 into a majic circle. I like to use H and I hooks for hats. Depending on your gauge, you can increase by 10 or 11 every row until you have about a 60-64stitch crown size, then crochet each row without increasing for a total of 7 " or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GramaKate View Post
    I use the 22" size for kids 5 and up. My standard hat pattern is either a 10 dc into a magic circle or 11 into a majic circle. I like to use H and I hooks for hats. Depending on your gauge, you can increase by 10 or 11 every row until you have about a 60-64stitch crown size, then crochet each row without increasing for a total of 7 " or so.
    I use 22" for my head, lol might be small... but it's standard for an average sizes woman. Those size charts help a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, have a 22" size head. I use a 20" for my granddaughter that is 4 years old. My 2 year old grandson is about 18-19". There should be a fair bit of stretch to your hat, if you don't crochet too tightly with too small of a hook. Just experiment.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the sizing charts. I am trying my hand at making the Mickey/Minnie hats for my great granddaughter and great grandson. My first try was too small so now I have a chart to determine how many stitches it takes for each size.Thank again for the charts.
    deneville

Post Thanks / Like
    I've made quite a few of those. I also am a Sweater Angel for the local hospitals newborns so my hats start about 13-14" in size. If you search online, it's amazing all you can find out about hook size, yarn weight, and head sizes. But, I've found that I crochet much looser than I used to and things seem to come out closer to the same size from one time of the year to the next. I don't always remember what I meant when I write notes to myself in a crocheting journal, but sometimes, a printed pattern will bring it all back to me, and more!! Have fun, I even enjoy and learn things from the mistakes, if I remember them. hahah
    Kate