Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What are some of your happy times in your life?

Happy times...we all have them. Share them and bring a to your life and others too! Recalling past memories and looking forward to happy times ahead can always warm the heart. What are some of your past and future happy times in life?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can remember my great grandfather putting me on his shoulder and taking me down the street from his house to the main road going through town and watching the circus going by and sitting on his lap and him reading to me. My step-grandfather having emphasema but still throwing the ball across the garage roof with me,taking me sledding, I can remember the time I outgrew my red wagon and he told my grandma to get her purse because we were going to get another one LOL. I can remember my mom and I going on picnics together, going to the zoo and on vacations together. She was the best mom any girl could ever have. Other happy times are when my kids were born and watching them grow up. The day the Lord came into my heart was the best moment of all. March 14,2003 was when that happened. When my kids got married and when my grandchildren came along and I got to hold them. Just spending time with them is so wonderful. I am looking forward to getting married again. My boyfriend said that one of these days we are going to set a date right now just waiting for that day. We are also going to look for a bigger place because of the grandkids and my family is growing so fast. The many Thanksgiving and Christmas memories with my mom, grandparents, and then with my children. There have been so many wonderful memories but I think the best ones were made with my mom.

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My happiest times were when I was a kid and all the cousins (who I no longer am in contact with now) would be together at Christmas and birthdays and summers. Seems like it was a much simpler time then. Once everyone started to move away due to family jobs and things like that, it was different but I remember the fun times. My life has taken many turns since then, and now I am happily looking forward to a new chapter of my life and moving. Still researching different areas (keep changing my mind, but isn't that what women do, LOL?) and eventually will find it.

Roe

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had many, many happy times and many more are in my future. Thank you God! So, I'll share one from my childhood, one from my teen years and one from my early adulthood. Next time, I'll share from my present day life!

Childhood:my mama somehow always bought the sweetest oranges and served them so elegantly. She would take great care and lovingly slice them so beautifully for my two brothers and I to eat with our delicious breakfast. We looked forward to sitting around the table, eating breakfast and those special orange slices! When I became a parent, I did the same thing for my children.

Teens:my mama and daddy bought me a white/ gold trim French Provencial bedroom suite for Christmas. I simply loved my canopy bed and white frilly bedspread and pillows. It was exactly what I wanted. It was one of the best gifts ever as a teen! It later became our older daugter's first "big girl" bedroom suite.

Young adulthood:marrying the love of my life and having a beautiful family(a son and two daughters) together.<3

Post Thanks / Like
    As an adult in the autumn of life, I am so happy to be retired and able to come and go as I choose. Also having activities, projects and social events to attend are the cherry on top! Having a loving family and caring friends is a triple bonus! I am so blessed. Thank you God!

Child:spending time with my mama who was the epitome of what a mother should be:loving, kind and supportive. She cared for me in a most gentle way. I had the happiest childhood that anyone could have! She assisted with my Campfire troop and taught us many skills, baked me the most delicious birthday cakes, strawberry! She made me the most beautiful clothing as a child and even found time to make some clothing for me as an adult. A very special dress that my mama made for me was a midnight blue velvet with a mixed blue trim around the hem. She and my daddy made sure I won the May Day queen title. I was crowned May Day queen of the primary division at school and I wore that dress for my photo shoot. My mama had my long flowing white gown made by another seamtress for the May Day celebration. I wore my beautiful crown on this day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Adulthood:taking family vacations with my husband and children was always special. Our daughters traveled with us in adulthood too! We wanted to share the blessing of travel with them too. We enjoyed traveling the great distances by car and stopping to tour and eat along the way. Seeing monumental bits of history to talking to the folks in different cities and towns was a happy time! Staying in fabulous hotels was a delightful treat too! We always bought souvenirs to give to our family and friends. Our time traveling was filled with laughter, humor and memories. What happy times!

Teens:going on dates with my boyfriend who later became my husband. We went to movies, concerts, restaurants, amusement parks and shopping together were some of the wonderful times we shared. Those were happy times!

Child:traveling by train with my grandmother to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins was so special. My grandmother and I had matching bags. They were hand leather tooled western bags. Hers was large and mine was tiny. Just one of many happy memories spent with my maternal grandmother!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today: traveling with my older daughter to pick up the dressing for our Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. We laughed, talked and had the best time together. How blessed I am to enjoy the company of my older daughter!
    Yesterday:shopping with my older daughter!

Shopping with one or both of my daughters and dinners out together is always fun and full of joy! We also enjoy attending church and participating in church activities together.

Spending time with my daddy is always a happy time for me. He's a very wise man and his life is full of activities!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterfly Rose You sound like you had a life most people dream about. How old were you were you asked the Lord into your life. God Bless

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adulthood:my husband and I would get up early to drive to my childhood community so that we could participate in the 4th of July parade. We continued this tradition even after moving out of town! As my husband drove in the parade, we would toss out treats for the children watching the parade. After the parade, we would gather at my parents' home and celebrate the day with them, our children, my siblings and their families. This holiday was one of my mama's favorite! For many years, we attended the downtown fireworks display with our family too.

Teens:being active in the debate club, cheerleading, band, speech, National Honor Society and an usherette at social events was an exciting part of my high school years. Sunday School, church, choir and social events at church kept me busy too! I loved being a Campfire Girl!

Child:traveling with my parents to see my widowed paternal grandmother during summer vacation was so exciting! She owned a farm with cows that we milked. My uncle was my instructor. There was a beautiful pond with fish that we enjoyed watching. I dabbled in fishing! There was a well to draw water. I loved drawing the water from the well! The maze of corn was a favorite place to play. This was fascinating to me as a child who lived in a BIG city! I was so blessed to have these experiences as a child!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 12-01-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adulthood:waking up each morning with plans guided by God puts me in a state of joy. Thinking about how I'll spend my day makes me happy!

Teens:using fabric to create new looks for a special purse by attaching fabric to the handles. I had many looks for that particular purse to complement what I wore! Do you remember that purse?

Child:my maternal grandfather built me a playhouse in my backyard. It had a big window that opened to the world. My mama furnished it and my friends and I had many happy playdates in my playhouse! My playhouse still stands today in my daddy's backyard.