Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

how to do the celtic stitch

iam hopeing someone can help me do the celtic st. dont want a video. just a pattern. thank you for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of wonderful people here, with all levels of experience. I'm sure someone will come to your rescue. I'm interested in knowing what the celtic stitch is.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    i love finding new crochet stitches but have never seen one called a 'celtic stitch', so i started looking. sorry to say i did not find a particular stitch, but found quite a few items called 'celtic' this or that. i did find a nice pattern for a Celtic Weave Blanket though. you can see the photo of it on Pattern-Paradise.com, hope this helps.

Celtic Weave Blanket

Materials & Gauge:

You can use any size or type of yarn, choose a hook that is appropriate for your yarn. I used Red Heart Soft yarn and a US H/5.00mm hook for my memory blanket.

Abbreviations:

sc – single crochet
    dc – double crochet
    BPtc – back post treble crochet – Yarn over 2 times, insert hook from back to front to back around the post of the stitch in previous row, yarn over and pull up loop (4 loops on hook), [yarn over, pull through two loops] 3 times.
    FPtc – front post treble crochet – Yarn over 2 times, insert hook from front to back to front around the post of the stitch in previous row, yarn over and pull up loop (4 loops on hook), [yarn over, pull through two loops] 3 times.
    I use what I call a Beginning dc to start each row. This is a modified dc and makes a sturdy, straight beginning stitch that doesn't gap like a chain 3 would.

To make a Beginning dc:

Beginning dc tutorial.jpg

Body of Blanket:

Row 1: Start with a chain in a multiple of 4 and then add 3 chains, sc in 2nd chain from hook and each remaining chain (you should have an even number of stitches), turn.

Row 2: Beginning dc, *skip 2, FPtc in next 2 stitches, crossing in front of two FPtc just made, work FPtc in two skipped stitches*. Repeat between * to end, dc in last stitch, turn.

Row 3: Working from the back of your work, Beginning dc, BPtc first 2 stitches, *skip 2, BPtc next 2 stitches, crossing behind the last two BPtc made, BPtc in two skipped stitches*. Repeat between * to last 3 stitches. Work BPtc in next two stitches, dc in last stitch, turn.

Row 4: Beginning dc, *skip 2, FPtc in next 2, crossing in front of two FPtc just made, work FPtc in two skipped stitches*. Repeat between * to end, dc in last stitch, turn.

Repeat Rows 3 and 4 until blanket measures desired length, ending with Row 4.

Border:

Round 1: *Chain 1, work 3 sc in corner, work sc evenly across side to next corner*; repeat between * to end, join with sl st to beg sc. Note: Be sure your stitch count between the center corner stitches is divisible by 6 + 1 extra stitch (example: 19, 31, 37, 43, etc)

Round 2: Chain 1, sc in same stitch, [*7dc in next stitch (this should be the center stitch of the corner), *sc in next stitch, skip 2, 5dc in next stitch, skip 2*; repeat between * to stitch before the corner, sc in stitch before the corner]; repeat between [ and ] to end, join with slip stitch to beginning sc. Fasten off.

Weave in ends.

Post Thanks / Like

celtic weave

thank ladies for your help. cant wait to start.

5. Likes cheri54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    charmedbyewe.com

has a tutorial and a photo chart
    Blessings,
    Kiti

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much ladies. these will help me alot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an aside for cheri54 - It is best to link the site for a pattern, unless it's your own. I know this is a free pattern, but it's crochet business etiquette that patterns aren't reproduced. Thanks!

9. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw a pattern called Holiday Cables Throw from Redheart that has a celtic weave design as part of the afghan...maybe this is what you were looking for Holiday Cables Throw Crochet Pattern | Red Heart

11. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, his is my first post. I have been crafting since I was 13. Then is was introduced to crocheting by my Aunt. Then I continued to crochet and then was taught to knit by a friend. Then just kept advancing from there. I love to learn different stitches. Since I got my iPad two years ago for Xmas I have been watching all the teaching videos out there. So much to still learn. Thanks for all these videos and tutorials.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth.ade23@yahoo.com View Post
    Hi, his is my first post. I have been crafting since I was 13. Then is was introduced to crocheting by my Aunt. Then I continued to crochet and then was taught to knit by a friend. Then just kept advancing from there. I love to learn different stitches. Since I got my iPad two years ago for Xmas I have been watching all the teaching videos out there. So much to still learn. Thanks for all these videos and tutorials.
    Hi Ruth and welcome to CT. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more.

Shelley