Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

cataract removal

I had one cataract removed the beginning of the month. I just wanted to let anyone who else is facing this to not put it off. I can't tell you how much difference this has made for me after just the one. I go in on December 2 and. I have worn glasses since I was 10 years old and am now without them. It is wonderful!!! I had no pain from it at all. Now I'll be able to finish reading a book I started in 2008... Hah, I'll have to start from the beginning. Reading crochet patterns is much easier, yeah!

2. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congradulations, I am so glad it was a success. My late husband had it done on one eye then a couple years later had the second one done. They said the second one wasn't ready to be done, it has to reach a certain point before the will do one. It took two years before the second one was ready to do. But I am such a chicken just to think of them putting a needle in my eye. I have seen them do it on TV and it gives me chills just looking at that needle go towards their eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear! My mother is going next month on two different appointments to have hers done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad your cataract surgery was a success! This is really great news!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. Barb your mom will love it when it's done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. Barb your mom will love it when it's done. They seem to do one eye at a time. Had to wear a patch over night.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far, I don't need it (yet) but a couple of friends have had it done and they were very happy with the results. So glad you are doing well and that you are happy with it. Good luck with the second one.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks LiRoe, I drove after dark last night for the first time and what a huge difference. Wish I could have had this done years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Just had my 2nd surgery 3 days ago and same results. Wore glasses and/or contacts since I was 15 and hardly recognize myself without. Going to need glasses for reading but distance is great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad for you-- thanks for sharing. I have some that just started and the eye doctor said they don't have to be ripe to be removed --it is when the insurance will cover it. Did they do something to hold your eye open. I have always been worried that I would blink. when people share like you do --it helps the rest of us. God Bless