Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face I'm excited about the Broomstick stitch!

Has anyone tried the broomstick stitch? It is so beautiful! I'm presently working on a scarf using this stitch it's fun I found the turkey baster is a perfect size (instead of $10.00 for an extra large knitting needle). Here's a picture of my work in progress. I would love to find other patterns using this stitch but can only find scarf patterns. That is ok to start out with but now I want to go forward with something more challenging. Got any suggestions?I'm excited about the Broomstick stitch!-002-jpg

2. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marla Martin,
    How about a bracelet?https://www.google.com/search?q=broo...x-a&channel=sb
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes I've seen some on pintrest. Thank you for the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just checked Ravelry and typed in broomstick lace and this is what came up. You have to be a member but it is free.

[url]http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#query=broomstick%20lace[/url]

Roe

6. Thanks marlamartin thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love love the way the broomstick lace stitch looks!!! I posted another thread here a while back asking for advise with it. We have a lot of very talented members here, with lots of great advise! I spent the $10 bucks on a pair of size 50 knitting needles and just haven't had a chance yet to try my hand at it, yet.

Your scarf is gorgeous!

Shelley

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely LOVE your scarf!!! The colors are so pretty!! Thanks for posting!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I love love the way the broomstick lace stitch looks!!! I posted another thread here a while back asking for advise with it. We have a lot of very talented members here, with lots of great advise! I spent the $10 bucks on a pair of size 50 knitting needles and just haven't had a chance yet to try my hand at it, yet.

Your scarf is gorgeous!

Shelley
    Your scarf is gorgeous!
    Hi Pixieglitter,
    Size 50?
    Jean Marie __________________________________________________ _______
    __________________________________they said the message was too short and I can't post the message maybe it'll work now. How is your kitting coming along? I haven't knitted in a while. Don't know how much I remember but it'll probably come back to me. Maybe now it'll post. Nope. Well I guess I keep talking. How have you been? The weather has gotten colder and it rained which melts some of the snow but it froze to so we have some icy places on our driveway. Be careful. Don't slip and fall.
    Does anybody else do stretches- laying on the floor and putting one leg against the wall-the leg that's against the wall-have that knee locked-for 30 seconds. I do sometimes and I did today. What about standing on one foot and then trying to close your eyes. It's harder to balance yourself if your eyes are closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

I haven't been doing much knitting lately, still teaching myself and I'm not very good at it. I'll see my mom at Christmas and she'll teach me some things with it.

I should do more stretching myself. I'm very flexible but nothing like when I was younger. I was a cheerleader and could do all the back bends, cartwheels and splits back then. LOL Those days are long gone now!

Be careful with that ice!! We don't get much snow here in North Alabama. Last year we got 6 inches overnight and it paralyzed the city for a whole week. They only have 2 snow plows for the whole city and I live way out in the country. I don't even own a shovel. haha

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pixieglitter/Shelley,
    I'm not sure why, in my post above, why what you posted is above where I wrote Hi Pixieglitter and you wrote- Your scarf is gorgeous. Just so people know that that wasn't me who wrote that. Anyways, is there really a size 50 knitting needles?
    If so are they big knitting needles or are they small knitting needles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie,

Size 50 knitting needles are HUGE. They're like 1 inch across, very big and fat needles. The pair I bought are very light weight, they're hollow plastic and have a thing on the end that's like a stopper. It'll help me to keep the stitches on the needle when I'm doing broomstick lace.

Shelley