Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: went to doctor

Post Thanks / Like

went to doctor

I went to the doctor today. She tested my arms and my legs and said that I am very weak so she said she was going to order me in home physical therapy. I have to get some blood work done to check my b12. As far as the light headedness and dizziness she said that is from the parkinson's and not much we can do. I will just have to be careful and that I will just have to adjust to it and live with it but I am no accepting that. I believe the Lord will take it away. I told her about my neck but she didn't even say anything about that. I think I am going to find another doctor after the first of the year and get another opinion. She really don't spend enough time with the paitent and really don't look at everything. I am just going to rest the rest of the day My legs are awful weak right now and hurting. I almost fell in the bedroom last night. My left hand is so weak I almost dropped my purse walking up to the porch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sending out prayers of healing for you, Sonnetta. Hopefully, the blood work will tell you something. If you're going to get a new doctor, it might help to get an internist, an Internal Medicine doctor, instead of a general practitioner. Maybe you should call now to get an appointment. It could take a couple of months to actually get in to see a new doctor.

Are you eating good? We all need food to keep us going. You may not feel like eating much, but it's so important. And Gatorade may help you not feel so lightheaded. You can buy B-12 at Walmart. It's cheap and you can even get the kind you put under your tongue, it dissolves quickly and goes directly into your blood stream. I don't think it will hurt you. And it just might make you feel a bit better.

Take good care of yourself.

With much love,

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta! I am praying for you. I'm glad you will be getting physical therapy. I agree that you don't have to accept this diagnosis, just keep BELIEVING! According to scripture, the word says: With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26 We know that God is able! Take care of yourself!(((HUGS)))

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    My doctor is ordering home health care while i am getting the therapy. The nurse is supposed to come out tomorrow morning to evaluate me. I got the call today after the nurse comes out then they will arrange for the main physical therapist will come out and evaluate to set up a plan. After that he will set up a schedule and one of his physical therapists will come.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Sonetta. I agree with you that you should get a second opinion. I thank the Lord that home services are available for those of us who need them. I will continue to pray for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should get a second opinion too. And excercising can do wonders to help strengthen your body. Your belief in God is the most important of all. Hugs Susie Ann