Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: So Bored

Post Thanks / Like

Talking So Bored

Helloooo everyone,
    I am sitting here in one of my college classes not really able to access my online work at the moment because it seems our work site is down. I can't take out my little crocheting project I'm working on because I think the teacher would say something. However my computer is not off limits. I have no head phones to watch videos for my other work either so youtube is out of the question. Anyone care to converse with me for the next 25 minutes? I would really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ivy! I remember those college days myself. I'm a retired teacher of 5 years. I taught children for 32 years. What is your major?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rose! I am majoring in nursing but I am getting general classes out of the way first because a lot of them are prerequisites for my nursing classes. My mother in law is a para-educator hope i said that right. At one point I though of teaching but my mother in law suggested otherwise. Nursing would allow me to make a good salary and I wouldn't freak out during emergencies when my son gets hurt as little boys do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Hi Ivy! I remember those college days myself. I'm a retired teacher of 5 years. I taught children for 32 years. What is your major?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, nursing is a good profession. I chose education because I love children and I also had the summers to just be a mom to my own children. And holidays too with my husband and children! I had the best of both worlds!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I see why that would be really nice. Hopefully I can still be a mom to my son when he needs me after I get my career in nursing started
    Yes, nursing is a good profession. I chose education because I love children and I also had the summers to just be a mom to my own children. And holidays too with my husband and children! I had the best of both worlds!

Post Thanks / Like
    We call them paraprofessionals or teacher assistants. There are many perks to teaching. If you like being in society, socializing and attending events, the world is your oyster. One event leads to opening the doors to other events and befriending more people. I loved that life! I would receive and still do receive so many invitations through friendships that I've made while teaching. It was a wonderful life!

Post Thanks / Like
    We call them paraprofessionals or teacher assistants. There are many perks to teaching. If you like being in society, socializing and attending events, the world is your oyster. One event leads to opening the doors to other events and befriending more people. I loved that life! I would receive and still do receive so many invitations through friendships that I've made while teaching. It was a wonderful life!
    That doesbsound very fun but I don't know if I could deal with the children who try to big teachers on purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ivy, I'm using my context clues. Did you mean bug? If so, I understand your viewpoint. To be a good teacher, requires much PATIENCE. I was blessed with that quality. Prayer helps too! Sometimes a caring teacher is the only positive attention some children receive. Bugging the teacher can many times be a cry for help, a need for attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you think about it, many sick patients are needy and are like children. They need extra attention too! Whether a teacher or nurse, they are servants of the people and should have a caring heart!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-18-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ivy, I'm using my context clues. Did you mean bug? If so, I understand your viewpoint. To be a good teacher, requires much PATIENCE. I was blessed with that quality. Prayer helps too! Sometimes a caring teacher is the only positive attention some children receive. Bugging the teacher can many times be a cry for help, a need for attention.
    Yes, yes I did. Sorry writing from my phone since I'm not in the computer lab anymore. I have a lot of patience, need it to deal with my son, but with a lot of kids who aren't my own I just don't think I could tolerate too much of the nonsense. I just graduated out of high school and seeing how students behave today just turned me away from teaching.