Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

So happy to be a new member

Hi, my name is Kim and live in East Grand Forks, Minnesota. We are about 150 miles south of the Canadian boarder to (Winnipeg).

I have been married for 24 beautiful years to a wonderful man, we have two grown children and have a 10 month old Newfoundlland puppy that weighs 124 pounds. I have been on a medical leave since June 20, 2014, I had a total shoulder replacement of my dominant arm (right). I can't go back to work until at least January 20, 2015, but the good news is my shoulder is getting better finally so, I can crochet for about a 1/2 hour at a time now and also take up some of my time.

I also want to say I'm so very glad I found this site. I love to crochet, not the best at it, but I know I will now get better. I never had anyone to go to if I had a question about a pattern, etc. And what a great place to meet new friends.

Can anyone tell me how to find baby cocoon patterns (free if possible). I'm looking for a baby cocoon easy pattern that the front opens and can be with a string or something for easy access at the bottom for diaper changes, etc.

Sincerely,

Kim (kimmer0315)
    East Grand Forks, MN. 56721

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kim, welcome from Alabama! There are a lot of very nice people here. Just let us know if you run into any issues. There are people on here with all levels of experience. Someone will always come to your rescue.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Alabama, for the nice welcome. Do you know how I can ask if anyone has an free easy crochet patterns for baby cocoons that open some in the front. I did mention it on the introduction email I sent.

Thank you so much,

Kim- East Grand Forks, Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for with wonderful Welcome.

Sincerely,
    Kim - East Grand Forks, Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kim,

I find almost all my patterns on Pinterest. Have you searched there? Here's a good link where you may find what you're looking for:

Pinterest

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly, thank you for the information. I have looked on Pinterest, found one but was for a baby at about 2 pounds. And I'm not good at trying how to figure how many chains I would to make it a normal size, I also found a few but they had sleeves and not sure if I'm good enough
    to figure out the pattern for the sleeves, I have never done anything like that before.

Very nice to meet you,

Kim (Kimmer0315)

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you looking for a pattern that's more like a "nest" that wraps around the baby? They're also called "baby bowls." If you search for that you may have better luck.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the Crochet Talk forums! It is nice to meet you! Please make your self comfy here and let us know if you need anything!

We have had some posts in the forums on this in the past. There is a search box in the upper right hand corner you can use. If you don't find what you are looking for, then you can also post a request here:

http://crochettalk.com/pattern-requests/