Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: hello all

Post Thanks / Like

hello all

not sure what to put on here...but here goes...
    i'm a long time beginner of crocheting...i've been a beginner for about 40 years, lol. i've crocheted some amazing things in the past, like an 8 sided bed spread that ended with 7 sides...still can't find where i went wrong! now that i'm retired and looking forward to my newest great niece to be born, i've decided to try my hand at baby clothes.
    this will be a trial as i have never been able to keep track of stitches, or understand what is meant by some of the instructions given. so, here i am, hoping i can learn from some of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I am Larisa doily maker. I do not understand instructions at all and use charts
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Nice to meet you and have you here on site with us! You are welcome to share here in the forums! Thanks for joining us!

5. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

hello Larisa

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! I am Larisa doily maker. I do not understand instructions at all and use charts
    lol...i don't do well with charts...they make my eyes wonkie...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Cheri and welcome from Alabama. We're so glad you're here. Let us know when you run into issues with a pattern. There are friends here with all levels of experience. There's always someone who will come to your rescue. And please post some photos of the things you've made. We all love to see photos of the creations made by others.

Shelley

8. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with you on learning baby clothes. I am expecting my second child and want to make a christening outfit. I found a lovely pattern on redheart.com but cannot for the life of me figure it out.

10. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i have found that youtube has some excellent tutorials when i need to learn how a stitch is done. sometimes it turns out so easy when it looked so hard...lol i recently watched a lesson on making FPDC and BPDC ( front and back post dbl crochets) and turns out they are the easiest and quickest things to do...)
    other times i need to back away from the directions and try later, often that will help me see it correctly.

12. Likes cjszine liked this post