Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Brrrrrrr...what are your inside activities?

With this cold weather, what activities will you do inside your home? A new craft or skill? Revisit an old craft or skill? Begin a home project or complete one? Read? Organize or reorganize areas in your home? Entertain family and friends? Exercise? Continue the activities that you're presently doing? Please share with all of us. This will be a way to gain new ideas for inside activities.

Keep active, lively and fulfilled during this cold season!

P.S. Also, add any outside activities that you'll do too!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be working on some new ideas for greeting cards today because it is chilly here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still take my daily walk in the cold weather (but dress accordingly). When I am inside, I am either crocheting, or online, reorganizing and sorting yarn, as a start. However, I have to repaint doors and trim so that will be an indoor cold weather project.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    One activity that I began in the summer will continue until it is done. Clean Home/Garage Sweep! This includes organizing everything in my home and garage too! Even more will be accomplished because I certainly will be inside and at home more. My reading time will increase. I love to read! Interior decorating will continue as the holidays and seasons change. Christmas is coming! My crochet life has recently returned and I'm enjoying it!I plan to make some cards and journals, an activity where I let my creative juices flow! That's for starters!LOL I have so many activities in mind. Of course, God will guide me all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spend my time indoors reading, crocheting and chatting with friends online. I work full time and still manage to read several books a week, novels and poetry. I have a special guy friend, we like to read the same books together and then we talk about them. Kind of like our own little book club. I'd like to join a local crochet and knitting group, too. I love watching football and getting together with friends to watch the games, which always involves tons of food.

Since my boys are grown and on their own, I don't decorate for Christmas anymore. I have one of those old vintage ceramic Christmas trees from the 1960s with the lights in them that I plug in, and that's about it for my Christmas decorating. I'd like to make my own wrapping paper for Christmas gifts, painting on the brown paper bag paper and creating pretty bows with ribbon. And I like to bake and make candy for holiday gifts at my office. I'll make a big batch of fudge and several loaves of different nut breads that I can freeze for gifts.

I've got all the supplies to make several big wreaths with wide mesh ribbon and embellishments; one for myself and several for close friends and family. And I'm still learning how to knit so that will keep me busy, too.

I'm sure I'll find other things that'll keep me out of trouble lol.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it isn't only cold here but there is already about 1 inch of snow on the ground and still going strong. I started on cleaning up the garage today and had the door open all afternoon and finally got my car inside once again. I had a lot of glassware to wrap in paper to cut down on the breakage. I had a lot of left-over garage sale stuff to do something with. My son helped me with finding a place for all his "stuff" some of which we put in the basement until he can go thru it and sort it all out. . I had to sweep a lot of snow off the car once we drove it in so it wouldn't be all over the garage floor but finally got it in and now I am trying to thaw myself out and fix myself something to eat. I checked out videos at the library and have to get to watching them before they need to be returned. I am working on a plastic canvas project that I have started. I thought this afternoon I was getting a little hoarse but maybe not. I really got cold and am having a hard time getting warm! I need to eat something I guess and maybe that will help. Catch you all later...maybe tomorrow as it is already 7;32 pm!
    XOXOXO! Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 11-16-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be doing more of my crafts trying to get ready for next season, plus making things for the nursing homes and homeless shelter and making things for my grandchildren and my kids and to decorate my house with. I am also going to start a bible journal. As I study my bible I am going to write down what God reveals to me and what I get out of the passages that I read and write the reference chapters also so I can go back and look at other chapters and books that are dealing with what the passages are talking about, keeping my prayer journal by writing down who and what to pray for each day, try some different crafts, doing what little bit of housecleaning I can do every day, day after Thanksgiving will be decorating for the Lord's birthday since my son will be here to help me. I will also try to be online more and thinking or rearranging my living room. Playing with and taking care of my dogs. They are my babies. Spending time with my family and my friends. Also going to try and lose some more weight. I have lost 40 pounds since January. Of course the main thing is spending time with the Lord in prayer everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've made a few greeting cards, added to my Christmas card list and I'm stil cleaning, organizing and reorganizing my home.

Post Thanks / Like
    While today was in the 50's, it rained, at one point, torrential so I stayed inside (after babysitting for my neighbor this morning, she has to go to PT twice a week) and shredded more paperwork. I worked on a new baby afghan, had been sent purple squares so I found variegated and solids to go with them and joined the squares and now working around them. Packed up the two baby afghans, two hats and a scarf for tomorrows hobby meeting. Just kind of took it easy today.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    was pretty cold here today and got about 2 inches of snow so i basically just worked on my plastic canvas snowman door hanging.