Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: pinhook

Post Thanks / Like

pinhook

Hello everyone, let me introduce myself, I was born and raised in the great state of Kentucky. Acquired my love of crocheting from my great granny and my wonderful Mother. Love working with yarn and especially love working with crochet thread. I give most of my projects away and my children always say to me, " Mom why don't you sell what you make "? My answer to them is, "then that would be a job" and I just love making people happy. Got request today from great-granddaughter for house shoes, now I'm searching my hundreds of pattern books and websites for the perfect pattern for my great-granddaughter, she is 7 years old, and loves for me to make her pretty things. I might add, I have a granddaughter getting married in August 2015 and is decorating all the tables at the reception with crochet doilies, now I have a huge task ahead to meet the deadline. Wish me luck.

God bless everyone, and happy crocheting

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi pinhook,
    I guess you're going to be busy crocheting. How many doilies do you have to make? I had some doilies I made and didn't know what to do w/them and I was talking to someone at church about them and she said she could use them and she said she would pay me for them and I told her that she didn't have to but if it made her feel better she could. She gave me $1 for each of the 3 doilies. I have some other doilies that curled on the edges that I don't know what I'm going to do with either. Take Care! Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I make doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the Crochet Talk forums! It is nice to meet you! Please make your self comfy here and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I'm like you, every time I make something people tell me, "You could sell that!" But then it wouldn't be my hobby lol.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi pinhook,
    I guess you're going to be busy crocheting. How many doilies do you have to make? I had some doilies I made and didn't know what to do w/them and I was talking to someone at church about them and she said she could use them and she said she would pay me for them and I told her that she didn't have to but if it made her feel better she could. She gave me $1 for each of the 3 doilies. I have some other doilies that curled on the edges that I don't know what I'm going to do with either. Take Care! Jean Marie
    Jean, I have to make at least 25 and she wants them at least 18 inches round or square, she is using them to decorate her tables with candles, flowers etc. They have to be off white and no color. I'm anxious to get started. I have another daughter that took doilies and put them in picture frames they look beautiful.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pinhook,

Welcome from Cincinnati, OH.!!! We're glad you have joined us and hope you have fun meeting everyone. You sound like one very busy gal! We love to see each others projects, so feel free to post photos.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, welcome from Coshocton. It is very nice to meet you. I have been crocheting for 2 years and love it. I am so glad I found this site. Everyone is so nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhook View Post
    Jean, I have to make at least 25 and she wants them at least 18 inches round or square, she is using them to decorate her tables with candles, flowers etc. They have to be off white and no color. I'm anxious to get started. I have another daughter that took doilies and put them in picture frames they look beautiful.
    Hi Pinhook,
    Oh my gosh! 18 inches. That will be a lot of work to make just one!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking into trying to make doilies. Are there any super easy crochet thread patterns for a beginner?