Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

my double duty cowl / hood

Some Lion Brand homespun was acting up the other night so I frogged it and came up with my own design. This is it, a cowl with a built in hood, or a hood with a cowl! It is so soft, has rows of puff stitches with another row between them, I'll reveal the pattern in my next blog post. I just did one 2 days ago and didn't have all of my copyright papers ready yet. Cowls don't look quite right when wearing a short sleeves shirt, I should have out on a coat or sweater!

my double duty cowl / hood-dbduytcowl6-jpg

my double duty cowl / hood-mydbledutycowl3-jpg

my double duty cowl / hood-lbclsc-jpg

my double duty cowl / hood-unnamed-jpg

2. Likes Poinciana, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another lovely piece, Susan. I can't believe you've been crocheting for such a short time... only a year, right?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    10 months technically out of the past year, since last October - but during the move I was out of my mind and couldn't do anything with all that extra pain and stress. I'm a life long crafter of every craft I could get my hands on. Shelley, and I've always been able to look at something and figure it out, then just start making it. It's a gift from God, and it's kept me sane for many years!!! Free therapy...well not free, but not AS expensive and I trust it more, lol... Thx for the complement. When you see the pattern you'll see how easy it is and it works with homespun very well. I wanted to do the black for me to wear since my hair is so dark. With a coat or sweater it will keep the neck warmer than with a t-shirt like I had on in the pic. Thank you so much for your part in helping me make this possible Those awesome pieces you made are my style for sure, that soft looking yarn in one or 2 pieces I'd love to be able to make a shawl or cowl with that! I'll have to go back & look at them and you can tell me what kind of yarn you used. I'll check it soon. & get back with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks pretty.