Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

1920's cloche hat to go with my shawl

Well, I went ALL out with this, to wear with my shawl. I'm 57, have had terrible illness for so many years I can't remember when I didn't, am getting gel injections to postpone knee surgery, all I have in life any more is my pain and my most wonderful husband, a few wonderful friends, and crochet and my blog FOR crochet. SO, I plan to wear this 1920's style cloche hat anywhere I WANT to, let people stare if they wish, they sure cannot go buy themselves one of these, lol!

My shawl is my pride and I needed it instead os medium weight coat. I've never made anything like it, so it needed something special! I''m also making a headband to match it with the same yarn as the shawl fro warmer days, but this is my hat. The lighting is bad as usual, but it's dark chocolate brown, with 4 flowers on it (3 on one side, 1 on the other) made with the yarn I made the shawl with, and green, brown, and gold leaves, and one side is flipped up and curled under waiting for the perfect wooden buttons to hold it that way where the long pin is right now.

I'll post a few so you can see a good idea of it.

1920's cloche hat to go with my shawl-20shat12-jpg

1920's cloche hat to go with my shawl-nh3-jpg

1920's cloche hat to go with my shawl-nh4-jpg

1920's cloche hat to go with my shawl-20shat12-jpg

1920's cloche hat to go with my shawl-20sha10-npo-flower-jpg

Some might be repeats, sorry if they are, but that's my hat that I designed! I don't look great in hats but at least the hat will look great on me, lol!

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You go, girl...your hat is simply smashing!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work Susan!!!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, that is a lovely hat! You will be lovely in your new outer wear outfit!! xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Lynda! I don''t look great in hats, but I love it and I'm going to wear it anyway, because I made it and I love it and I bet I'll never see any one else in a shawl and 1920's hat, lol!! It's not like you can go out and buy these things in stores! Maybe I can get some crochet sales orders when I wear my pieces! It's been too hot to wear much crochet except cotton headbands in hot weather. Now I'll be wearing something I made every place I go, which sadly isn't many places with my bad health and my new knee problem, and the new circulation problem and I've had Fibromyalgia for my whole adult life, and now the osteoarthritis is crippling me even more and I have to use my walker with wheels, I haven't driven in almost 5 years, so you bet I'll be wearing my crochet wear EVERY single chance I get!!! If I don't, I'll never get to enjoy it, and I plan to enjoy the HECK out of it all! I do enjoy my pieces in my home, and have a lot more to make next year, and that brings me great joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why thank you darling Poinciana, I do rather agree with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the hat. I need a new one as the white one I wear is about40 yrs old. It was in a lost & found box at the school my husband taught at. Going to throw in furnace with all stuff not claimed & my hubby brought home & we found some people who needed coats & hats & I kept the hat.I have a big head & most boughten ones are too small. Give me a headache if I wear very long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! And you sure got your "money's" worth out of YOUR hat, lol! I'm going to make another with a more narrow brim that also goes around, too. This one will be for special occasions, the other will be worn a lot more often. I've never liked to be 'looked at' out in public, I prefer to just blend in & be ignored... so I need something a little less showy for every day, lol! I'll be making that hat after I finish this "sharp" chevron ripple stitch scarf. I'm doing it in red, green and white for a friend who gets up at 3 a.m. to go out in the cold every day in MN, and who's birthday is Christmas Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a lovely hat. You did a wonderful job

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome Susan. You are right, you will never see anyone wearing a shawl and a 1920's hat because you will have a one of a kind outfit! No you certainly can't go out and buy something so beautiful like that in a store. Wouldn't it be nice to get some sales orders to make and sell and get some extra cash? Well whenever you do go out you will look stylish and oh so pretty. I know you will indeed enjoy wearing your outfit when you can. I imagine it gets as cold in SC as it does in northeast GA where I live, so hopefully you will have many chances to wear it. I am glad that you do have something in your life that brings you so much joy to help you forget about all the pain in your life. Take care of yourself my friend and enjoy crocheting. xoxoxo Lynda