Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Halloween candy?

Hi,
    How much Halloween candy are you supposed to give out to each person? I bought 4 small bags of 4 different kinds of candy. Before the kids came trick or treating I had a few pieces of candy myself then when they started to come I gave each person 1 of each kind of candy(4). Then there were only 3 different kinds of candy. Then there were only 2 different kinds of candy. Then there was only one left and I shut off the porch light. It's good that we don't have a lot of candy left but maybe I should've just gave each person 1 candy at a time-the candy would've lasted longer that way. I did see a couple more trick or treaters after I shut the light off. Or do most people give out 2 or 3 different candies to one person?
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    I think most houses give out 1-2 pieces. It's all about how much you want to give them. I don't get a single trick-or-treater where I'm living, out in the country.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave out one or 2 pieces last night. I had some left afterward. Didn't get as many kids this year as I did the year before last. Didn't do it last year. Was going to but was wet and cold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some years we get hundreds and some 20. I always buy 300 pieces, start out giving one and then gauge the night. If after 1 hour we have less than 20 I start doing 2 and so on. Tonight we got about 30 so the last hour the kiddos got a handful. Two years ago the day after Halloween at about 5am I was up separating the good candy (my favorites) from the bad and then I was going to send my favorites to work with my husband so I would not eat it. They still don't know if I fell asleep standing or passed out or what but next thing you know I was on the floor with a broken hand. From now on no candy is left over. When it is time to turn out the light a few kids get really lucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie,
    I'm sorry you broke your hand.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks it wasn't my finest hour for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the country too, so no trick or treaters for us. I would think two pieces would be sufficient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    Some years we get hundreds and some 20. I always buy 300 pieces, start out giving one and then gauge the night. If after 1 hour we have less than 20 I start doing 2 and so on. Tonight we got about 30 so the last hour the kiddos got a handful. Two years ago the day after Halloween at about 5am I was up separating the good candy (my favorites) from the bad and then I was going to send my favorites to work with my husband so I would not eat it. They still don't know if I fell asleep standing or passed out or what but next thing you know I was on the floor with a broken hand. From now on no candy is left over. When it is time to turn out the light a few kids get really lucky.
    Hi Debbie,
    How is you hand?
    Jean Marie
    I pray that the Lord will place His healing hand upon you.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-10-2014 at 08:37 PM.