Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question on the baby blanket

I'm on row 12, which is the back side of the blanket. It's sc, ch, and bobbles on the front side of blanket and dc and ch on the back side of the blanket. On row 12 it's 3 dc, ch1, miss 1, 7dc, ch 1, miss 1, 3 dc, ch 1, miss 1, 3 dc, etc. When I started out, the 2nd and 6th dc (on the 7 dc) was behind a bobble. Now it's starting to be that the 4th dc of the 7 dc group is behind the bobble. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I do something wrong on a row I did before(like maybe the 10th row)? My husband's Mom just called and I told her about it and she said it would be unique. I'm not asking anybody to ch 126 like it says to do at the beg. but can someone do a few chains maybe 20 or so so you have the blanket wide enough to do a bobble or two? and crochet up to row 12 or 13 and see what you think. Shouldn't the dc on row 12 that's behind the bobble be the same across the row?

Here's the pattern
    Diamond Bobble Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern | FaveCrafts.com
    Jean Marie
    Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't want to take it all out and start over from the beginning so I went ahead and finished row 12 and did row 13 but it doesn't look like I put the bobble in the right place at the beginning of the row and I don't want to take out row 13 and do that over either. Do you think I can just continue?
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean, I wish I could help you but I don't know anything about this type of pattern. Maybe someone will come along that can help you. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm going to continue on.
    This is what I have so far. I did 13 rows. Question on the baby blanket-crochet-001-jpg Question on the baby blanket-crochet-002-jpg Question on the baby blanket-crochet-003-jpg

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I can't grasp the bobble pattern but I think it looks fine.

What I want to know is did you make your yarn holder? What exactly is it and what does it do? Looks l I need one. Do you h ave a pattern for it? Looks like a great way to hold your yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie,
    My husband made the yarn holder. You can put one or two skeins of yarn on it w/ a knitting needle in the center of the skein to hold the yarn and then you pull the yarn when needed.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    this is one skein of yarn
    Question on the baby blanket-crochet-005-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks beautiful to me!! Good job

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Arlyce!